Features and Benefits
- Input Common Mode Range: V– to V– + 76V
- Rail-to-Rail Input and Output
- Low Power: 315μA/Amplifier
- Operating Temperature Range: –55°C to 150°C
- VOS: ±50μV (Maximum)
- CMRR, PSRR: 126dB
- Reverse Battery Protection to 50V
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 3.2MHz
- Specified on 5V and ±15V Supplies
- High Voltage Gain: 1000V/mV
- No Phase Reversal
- No Supply Sequencing Problems
- Single 5-Lead SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) Package
- Dual 8-Lead MSOP
- Quad 22-Lead DFN (6mm × 3mm)
The LT6015/LT6016/LT6017 are single/dual/quad rail-to-rail input operational amplifiers with input offset voltage trimmed to less than 50μV. These amplifiers operate on single and split supplies with a total voltage of 3V to 50V and draw only 315μA per amplifier. They are reverse battery protected, drawing very little current for reverse supplies up to 50V.
The Over-The-Top® input stage of the LT6015/LT6016/ LT6017 is designed to provide added protection in tough environments. The input common mode range extends from V– to V+ and beyond: these amplifiers operate with inputs up to 76V above V– independent of V+. Internal resistors protect the inputs against transient faults up to 25V below the negative supply. The LT6015/LT6016/ LT6017 can drive loads up to 25mA and are unity-gain stable with capacitive loads as large as 200pF. Optional external compensation can be added to extend the capacitive drive capability beyond 200pF.
The LT6015 is offered in a 5-lead SOT package. The LT6016 dual op amp is available in an 8-lead MSOP package. The LT6017 is offered in a 22-pin leadless DFN package.
- High Side or Low Side Current Sensing
- Battery/Power Supply Monitoring
- 4mA to 20mA Transmitters
- High Voltage Data Acquisition
- Battery/Portable Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD-M2KPWR-EBZ is an ADALM2000 add-on board which increases the output current capability up to 700mA. This board can be also used as a standalone benchtop power supply with positive and negative outputs.
The AD-M2KPWR-EBZ is a USB Type C powered board capable to increase the output current of ADALM2000’s power supplies.
- USB type C: 4 – 18 V (validated with RPI USB-C power supply - not provided in the kit), 20W (power supply permitting)
- External (screw terminal connector): 4.5–18V; 20W (power supply permitting)
Switching between the inputs is done with a jumper.
Outputs: (2 control modes)
- Two variable power supplies that track M2K user supplies:
- 0V to 5V (400mA in USB power mode)
- –5V to 0V (400mA in USB power mode)
- Two variable power supplies, controlled from a potentiometer
- 1.5V to 15V (up to 700mA if powered with 18V)
- –15V to –1.5V (up to 700mA if powered with 18V)
- General-purpose electronic systems
- Educational applications
- Automated test equipment
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Use the Analog Filter Wizard to design low-pass, high-pass, or band-pass filters with actual op amps in minutes. As you progress through the design process, you can observe the characteristics of your filter design from ideal specifications to real world circuit behavior. Quickly evaluate the tradeoffs in op amp specifications - including gain-bandwidth, noise, and supply current – to determine the best filter design for your requirements.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.