Features and Benefits
- Wide Operating VIN: Up to 135V (150V Abs Max)
- 1Ω Pull-Down, 2.2Ω Pull-Up for Fast Turn-On and Turn-Off Times with 35ns Propagation Delays
- Internal Charge Pump for 100% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Turn-On Slew Rate
- Gate Driver Supply from 3.5V to 15V
- Adjustable VIN Overvoltage Lockout
- Adjustable Driver Supply VCC Undervoltage Lockout
- CMOS Compatible Input
- Thermally Enhanced, High Voltage Capable 10-Lead MSOP Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC7001 is a fast high side N-channel MOSFET gate driver that operates from input voltages up to 135V. It contains an internal charge pump that fully enhances an external N-channel MOSFET switch, allowing it to remain on indefinitely.
Its powerful driver can easily drive large gate capacitances with very short transition times, making it well suited for both high frequency switching applications or static switch applications that require a fast turn-on and/or turn-off time.
The LTC7001 is available in the thermally enhanced 10-lead MSOP package.
- Static Switch Driver
- Load and Supply Switch Driver
- Electronic Valve Driver
- High Frequency High Side Gate Driver
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
Demonstration circuit 2708A is a 135V, high side switch featuring the LTC7001. The demo board is designed to switch a 5A output load from 0V up to 135V. This board offers a low 50ns (typical) propagation delay, fast switching times (<10ns) and 100% duty cycle operation.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.