- 15kRad (SI) Total Ionizing Dose (TID) per MIL-STD-883 TM1019 Condition A
- Single Event Effect (LET) Threshold Linear Energy Transfer (LET) ≥ 21.17MeV-cm2/mg
- Processed Using MIL-PRF-38535 Class N and PEM-INST-001 as a Guideline
- TID and SEE Reports Available
- Measures Up to 12 Battery Cells in Series
- Stackable Architecture Supports 100s of Cells
- Built-In isoSPI™ Interface:
- 1Mbps Isolated Serial Communications
- Uses a Single Twisted Pair, Up to 100 Meters
- Low EMI Susceptibility and Emissions
- 1.2mV Maximum Total Measurement Error
- 290µs to Measure All Cells in a System
- Synchronized Voltage and Current Measurement
- 16-Bit Delta-Sigma ADC with Frequency Programmable 3rd Order Noise Filter
- Engineered for ISO26262 Compliant Systems
- Passive Cell Balancing with Programmable Timer
The RT6804 is a 3rd generation multicell battery stack monitor that measures up to 12 series connected battery cells with a total measurement error of less than 1.2mV. The cell measurement range of 0V to 5V makes the RT6804 suitable for most battery chemistries. All 12 cell voltages can be captured in 290µs, and lower data acquisition rates can be selected for high noise reduction.
Multiple RT6804 devices can be connected in series, permitting simultaneous cell monitoring of long, high voltage battery strings. The RT6804 has an isoSPI interface for high speed, RF-immune, local area communications. Using the RT6804-1, multiple devices are connected in a daisy-chain with one host processor connection for all devices.
Additional features include passive balancing for each cell, an on-board 5V regulator, and 5 general purpose I/O lines. In sleep mode, current consumption is reduced to 4µA. The RT6804 can be powered directly from the battery, or from an isolated supply.