Quad, 16-Bit, 2.8 GSPS, TxDAC+® Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9144 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a maximum sample rate of 2.8 GSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF6720 analog quadrature modulator (AQM) from Analog Devices, Inc. An optional 3-wire or 4-wire serial port interface (SPI) provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a typical range of 13.9 mA to 27.0 mA. The AD9144 is available in an 88-lead LFCSP.
- Greater than 1 GHz, ultrawide complex signal bandwidth enables emerging wideband and multiband wireless applications.
- Advanced low spurious and distortion design techniques provide high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- JESD204B Subclass 1 support simplifies multichip synchronization in software and hardware design.
- Fewer pins for data interface width with serializer/ deserializer (SERDES) JESD204B eight-lane interface.
- Programmable transmit enable function allows easy design balance between power consumption and wake-up time.
- Small package size with 12 mm × 12 mm footprint.
- Wireless communications
3G/4G W-CDMA base stations
Software defined radios
- Wideband communications
Local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) and multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS)
- Transmit diversity, multiple input/multiple output (MIMO)
- Automated test equipment
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation board for the AD9144 Quad, 16-Bit, 2.8 GSPS, TxDAC+ Digital-To-Analog Converter that provides a maximum sample rate of 2.8 GSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF672x analog quadrature modulators (AQMs) from Analog Devices, Inc. A 4-wire serial port interface provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 14 mA to 26 mA.
- Electronic test and measurement equipment
- General-purpose software radios
- Radar systems
- Ultra wideband satellite receivers
- Point-to-point communication systems
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs and DACs. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, frequency response plots, and more.
SDR: Software Defined Revolution
Take the next step in Software Defined Radio.
JESD204 Serial Interface
The JESD204 and the JESD204B revision data converter serial interface standard was created through the JEDEC...
FPGA Interoperability Reports
Altera AN-749 (AD9144/AD9152/AD9154 Arria10)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.