Variable Resolution, 10-Bit to 16-Bit R/D Converter with Reference Oscillator
The AD2S1210 is a complete 10-bit to 16-bit resolution tracking resolver-to-digital converter, integrating an on-board programmable sinusoidal oscillator that provides sine wave excitation for resolvers.
The converter accepts 3.15 V p-p ± 27% input signals, in the range of 2 kHz to 20 kHz on the sine and cosine inputs. A Type II servo loop is employed to track the inputs and convert the input sine and cosine information into a digital representation of the input angle and velocity. The maximum tracking rate is 3125 rps.
The AD2S1210-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC)
- Ratiometric tracking conversion. The Type II tracking loop provides continuous output position data without conversion delay. It also provides noise immunity and tolerance of harmonic distortion on the reference and input signals.
- System fault detection. A fault detection circuit can sense loss of resolver signals, out-of-range input signals, input signal mismatch, or loss of position tracking. The fault detection threshold levels can be individually programmed by the user for optimization within a particular application.
- Input signal range. The sine and cosine inputs can accept differential input voltages of 3.15 V p-p ± 27%.
- Programmable excitation frequency. Excitation frequency is easily programmable to a number of standard frequencies between 2 kHz and 20 kHz.
- Triple format position data. Absolute 10-bit to 16-bit angular position data is accessed via either a 16-bit parallel port or a 4-wire serial interface. Incremental encoder emulation is in standard A-quad-B format with direction output available.
- Digital velocity output. 10-bit to 16-bit signed digital velocity accessed via either a 16-bit parallel port or a 4-wire serial interface.
- DC and ac servo motor control
- Encoder emulation
- Electric power steering
- Electric vehicles
- Integrated starter generators/alternators
- Automotive motion sensing and control
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Precision Resolver-to-Digital Converter Measures Angular Position and Velocity
By Jakub Szymczak, Shane O’Meara, Johnny S. Gealon, and Christopher Nelson De La Rama.
Analog Dialogue, Volume 48 –...
CN0276: High Performance, 10-Bit to 16-Bit Resolver-to-Digital Converter
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Most Helpful Review
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.