Variable Resolution, 10-Bit to 16-Bit R/D Converter with Reference Oscillator
The converter accepts 3.15 V p-p ± 27% input signals, in the range of 2 kHz to 20 kHz on the sine and cosine inputs. A Type II servo loop is employed to track the inputs and convert the input sine and cosine information into a digital representation of the input angle and velocity. The maximum tracking rate is 3125 rps.
The AD2S1210-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC)
- Ratiometric tracking conversion. The Type II tracking loop provides continuous output position data without conversion delay. It also provides noise immunity and tolerance of harmonic distortion on the reference and input signals.
- System fault detection. A fault detection circuit can sense loss of resolver signals, out-of-range input signals, input signal mismatch, or loss of position tracking. The fault detection threshold levels can be individually programmed by the user for optimization within a particular application.
- Input signal range. The sine and cosine inputs can accept differential input voltages of 3.15 V p-p ± 27%.
- Programmable excitation frequency. Excitation frequency is easily programmable to a number of standard frequencies between 2 kHz and 20 kHz.
- Triple format position data. Absolute 10-bit to 16-bit angular position data is accessed via either a 16-bit parallel port or a 4-wire serial interface. Incremental encoder emulation is in standard A-quad-B format with direction output available.
- Digital velocity output. 10-bit to 16-bit signed digital velocity accessed via either a 16-bit parallel port or a 4-wire serial interface.
- DC and ac servo motor control
- Encoder emulation
- Electric power steering
- Electric vehicles
- Integrated starter generators/alternators
- Automotive motion sensing and control
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
FLEXMC MOTOR CONTROL UNIVERSAL AC KIT
The FlexMC Kit has the hardware and software required to spin the motor under open or closed loop speed control. With the FlexMC Kit, you model your system in MATLAB and Simulink, generate the C code, and then deploy. Utilizing system modeling and design concepts, the FlexMC Kit also contains libraries in MATLAB and Simulink for additional access to proven methodologies. The FlexMC Kit hardware includes a PMSM motor with encoder and a Boston Engineering universal AC input drive board that connects directly to an Analog Devices ADSP-CM408 Mixed-Signal Control Processor EZ Kit. Users can prototype with PC power using MATLAB and Simulink, then deploy with the FlexMC Kit. Easy connection to motors and the ADSP-CM408 EZ Kit make this system perfect for your prototyping needs.
Universal AC Kit Contents
- Universal AC Voltage Motor Control Board, 95-250VAC, 400W
- 3-phase Brushless PMSM
- Quadrature Incremental Encoder'
- SOLD SEPERATELY: ADSP-CM408 EZ-KIT
- Simulink Libraries
- C Libraries
- Demo Application
Note: The FlexMC Motor Control Universal AC Kit is manufactured, distributed and supported by Boston Engineering (BE) exclusively. BE assumes all responsibility for the proper installation and operation of the kit.
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.