16-Bit, 8-Channel, 500 kSPS PulSAR ADC
The AD7699 contains all components for use in a multichannel, low power data acquisition system, including a true 16-bit SAR ADC with no missing codes; an 8-channel low crosstalk multip-lexer useful for configuring the inputs as single-ended (with or without ground sense), differential, or bipolar; an internal 4.096 V low drift reference and buffer; a temperature sensor; a selectable one-pole filter; and a sequencer that is useful when channels are continuously scanned in order.
The AD7699 uses a simple serial port interface (SPI) for writing to the configuration register and receiving conversion results. The SPI interface uses a separate supply, VIO, which is set to the host logic level. Power dissipation scales with throughput.
The AD7699 is housed in a tiny 20-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Battery-powered equipment
- Medical instruments: ECG/EKG
- Mobile communications: GPS
- Personal digital assistants
- Power line monitoring
- Data acquisition
- Seismic data acquisition systems
- Process control
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7699EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7699. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low power and 5V single supply , we recommend the AD8605, AD8655 or the AD8615 .
- For low noise and low frequency applications at medium supply voltages( up to +-13V) , we recommend the AD8610 or the AD8620 .
- For low noise and low frequency at high supply voltages( up to +-18V) , we recommend the AD8597, ADA4627-1 or the AD8599 .
- For low noise and high frequency , we recommend the AD8021 or the ADA4897-1 .
- For low noise and low power applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1 or the ADA4932-1 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.