- 3.5 GSPS internal clock speed
- Integrated 12-bit DAC
- Frequency tuning resolution to 190 pHz
- 16-bit phase tuning resolution
- 12-bit amplitude scaling
- Programmable modulus
- Automatic linear and nonlinear frequency sweeping capability
- 32-bit parallel datapath interface
- 8 frequency/phase offset profiles
- Phase noise: −128 dBc/Hz (1 kHz offset at 1396 MHz)
- Wideband SFDR < −50 dBc
- Serial or parallel input/output control
- 1.8 V/3.3 V power supplies
- Software and hardware controlled power-down
- 88-lead LFCSP package
- PLL REF CLK multiplier
- Phase modulation capability
- Amplitude modulation capability
COMMERCIAL SPACE FEATURES
- Supports aerospace applications
- Wafer diffusion lot traceability
- Radiation lot acceptance test (RLAT)
- Total ionizing dose (TID)
- Radiation benchmark
- Single event latch-up (SEL)
The AD9914S-CSL is a direct digital synthesizer (DDS) featuring a 12‑bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The AD9914S-CSL uses advanced DDS technology, coupled with an internal high speed, high performance DAC to form a digitally programmable, complete high frequency synthesizer capable of generating a frequency-agile analog output sinusoidal waveform at up to 1.4 GHz. The AD9914S-CSL enables fast frequency hopping and fine tuning resolution (64‑bit capable using programmable modulus mode). The AD9914S-CSL also offers fast phase and amplitude hopping capability. The frequency tuning and control words are loaded into the AD9914S-CSL via a serial or parallel input/output port. The AD9914S-CSL also supports a user defined linear sweep mode of operation for generating linear swept waveforms of frequency, phase, or amplitude. A high speed, 32-bit parallel data input port is included, enabling high data rates for polar modulation schemes and fast reprogramming of the phase, frequency, and amplitude tuning words.
The AD9914S-CSL is specified to operate over the extended industrial temperature range (see the Absolute Maximum Ratings section in the data sheet). Additional application and technical information can be found in the Commercial Space Products Program brochure and the AD9914 data sheet.
- Low Earth orbit (LEO) space payloads
- Agile LO frequency synthesis
- Programmable clock generators
- FM chirp source for radar and scanning systems
- Test and measurement equipment
- Acousto-optic device drivers
- Polar modulators
- Fast frequency hopping
The user guide describes how to set up and use the
AD9914 evaluation board. The AD9914 is a 3.5 GSPS DDS
with a 12-bit DAC.
The evaluation board software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy communication with the device along with many user-friendly features such as the mouse-over effect.
The user guide is intended for use in conjunction with the AD9914 data sheet.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.