Flyback, Forward, and Isolated Controller
Analog Devices’ portfolio of flyback and forward controllers provides a simple cost-effective replacement of dc-to-dc converter bricks used in isolated and non-isolated applications. Power levels of up to 100 W using a flyback controller and up to a few kilowatts with a forward controller can be attained. Analog Devices’ proprietary iCoupler® technology is integrated in several forward controllers, which eliminates bulky signal transformers and optocouplers that transmit signals over the isolation boundary. Many of the flyback controllers do not need an optocoupler, which reduces design complexity and cost, while improving overall system reliability. Several off-the-shelf transformers for both topologies are shown in the product data sheets, which further simplifies the design and allows for the fastest time to market.
Technical Articles Page
- AN118 - High Voltage, Low Noise, DC/DC Converters PDF
- AN126 - 2-Wire Virtual Remote Sensing for Voltage Regulators - Clairvoyance Marries Remote Sensing PDF
- AN125 - Using the LTM2881 as an Isolated 5V Power Supply PDF
- AN84 - Linear Technology Magazine Circuit Collection, Volume IV PDF
- AN73 - LT1339 Design Manual PDF