Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency Switching PowerPath™ Controller with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control
- Programmable USB or Wall Current Limit (100mA/500mA/1A)
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current
- Internal 180mΩ Ideal Diode + External Ideal Diode Controller Powers Load in Battery Mode
- Low No-Load Quiescent Current when Powered from BAT (<32µA)
- Triple High Efficiency Step-Down DC/DCs (1A/400mA/400mA IOUT)
- All Regulators Operate at 2.25MHz
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling on Two Outputs
- I2C or Independent Enable, VOUT Controls
- Low No-Load Quiescent Current: 20µA
- 28-Pin (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LTC3555 family are highly integrated USB compatible power management and battery charger ICs for Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. They include a high efficiency current limited switching PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, an ideal diode and three general purpose synchronous step-down switching regulators.
The LTC3555 family limits input current to either 100mA or 500mA for USB applications or 1A for adapter-powered applications. Unlike linear chargers, the LTC3555 family’s switching architecture transmits nearly all of the power available from the USB port to the load with minimal loss and heat which eases thermal constraints in small spaces.
Two of the three general purpose switching regulators can provide up to 400mA and the third can deliver 1A. The entire product can be controlled via I2C or simple I/O. The LTC3555-1/LTC3555-3 versions offer “instant-on” power delivery to the portable product even with a very low battery voltage. The LTC3555-3 version also has a reduced charger ﬂoat voltage of 4.100V for battery safety and longevity.
The LTC3555 family is available in the low proﬁle 28-pin (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) QFN surface mount package.
- HDD-Based MP3 Players, PDAs, GPS, PMPs
- Portable Medical Products
- Handheld Instrumentation
- Other USB-Based Handheld Products
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.