Features and Benefits
- Excellent Zero-g bias accuracy and stability with minimum/maximum specifications
- Ultralow power: as low as 45 µA in measurement mode and 0.1 µA in standby mode at VS = 2.5 V (typical)
- Power consumption scales automatically with bandwidth
- User-selectable resolution
- Fixed 10-bit resolution
- Full resolution, where resolution increases with g range, up to 13-bit resolution at ±8 g (maintains 2 mg/LSB scale factor in all g ranges)
- Embedded, 32-level FIFO buffer minimizes host processor load
- Tap/double tap detection and free-fall detection
- Activity/inactivity monitoring
- Supply voltage range: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- I/O voltage range: 1.7 V to VS
- SPI (3- and 4-wire) and I2C digital interfaces
- See datasheet for additional features
The high performance ADXL350 is a small, thin, low power, 3-axis accelerometer with high resolution (13-bit) and selectable measurement ranges up to ±8g. The ADXL350 offers industry-leading temperature performance with guaranteed min/max specification for offset over temperature. Digital output data is formatted as 16-bit twos complement and is accessible through either a SPI (3- or 4-wire) or I2C digital interface.
The ADXL350 is well suited for high performance portable applications. It measures the static acceleration of gravity in tilt sensing applications, as well as dynamic acceleration resulting from motion or shock. Its high resolution (2 mg/LSB) enables measurement of inclination changes of less than 1.0°.
Several special sensing functions are provided. Activity and inactivity sensing detect the presence or lack of motion and if the acceleration on any axis exceeds a user-set level. Tap sensing detects single and double taps. Free-fall sensing detects if the device is falling. These functions can be mapped to one of two interrupt output pins.
Low power modes enable intelligent motion-based power management with threshold sensing and active acceleration measurement at extremely low power dissipation.
The ADXL350 is supplied in a small, thin, 3 mm × 4 mm × 1.2 mm, 16-lead cavity laminate package.
- Portable Consumer Devices
- High performance medical and industrial applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADXL350Z is a simple breakout board that enables easy connection of an ADXL350 into an existing system. Due to its small size, the EVAL-ADXL350Z has minimal effect on performance of the system and of the accelerometer, and thus it is ideal for evaluation of the ADXL350 in an existing system. Note that the ADXL350 must be communicated with digitally via SPI or I2C. No processor is included with the EVAL-ADXL350Z; firmware must be supplied externally by the user. For evaluation boards that include a processor, please see the EVAL-ADXL350Z-M and EVAL-ADXL350Z-S
The iMEMS® Real Time Eval System is an easy-to-use evaluation tool targeting bench or desktop characterization of Analog Devices, Inc., inertial sensor products. The system consists of the inertial sensor evaluation board (ISEB), or main board, and a satellite board for any Analog Devices inertial sensor product. The ISEB connects directly to a PC via an USB cable, with the USB connection providing both communications and power to the board. The ISEB is connected to the satellite board through a ribbon cable. This cable allows the satellite to be easily manipulated for testing or separately placed into an environmental chamber for temperature or humidity testing. Separating the boards mitigates corruption of data due to the temperature and humidity effects of other components.
The ISEB is an universal main board and is intended to be used with various satellites of Analog Devices inertial sensors, including analog and digital accelerometers, as well as gyroscopes. The different products are evaluated by means of separate GUIs that are customized for performance and characterization measurements relevant to the inertial sensor being evaluated.
The EVAL-ADxZ-M system contains the ISEB and the EVAL-ADxZ-S satellite. Also included is an USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the ISEB to a PC and an 18-inch, 20-pin ribbon cable to connect the ISEB to the satellite.
- ADXL313 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL312 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL375 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXRS290 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL350 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL346 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL344 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL343 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
- ADXL345 Evaluation Software for EVAL-MST-ISEB
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.