Features and Benefits
- Easy to use μModule data acquisition system
- All active components designed by Analog Devices, Inc.
- 11x footprint reduction vs. discrete solution
- Integrated critical passive components
- 5V single supply operation
- Guaranteed 16-bit no missing codes
- On-chip oversampling function
- 2-bit Resolution Boost
- Out of Range Indicator (ALERT)
- INL: ±1 LSB typical, ±2 LSB maximum
- SNR (typical)
- 91.1 dB at Gain = 1.0, fIN = 1 kHz
- 98.6 dB with OSR = x8 at Gain = 1.0, fIN = 1 kHz
- Channel-to-Channel Phase Matching: 0.1° max @ 20 kHz
- Integrated High Precision Reference, 5 ppm/oC max drift
- Gain error: 0.005% typical
- Gain drift: 1 ppm/°C typical
- Integrated Internal Buffer with VCM generation
- Integrated Fully Differential ADC driver with signal scaling
- Wide Input Common Range
- High Common Mode Rejection
- Single-ended to differential conversion
- Pin selectable input range with over-range
- Input Ranges: ±2V, ±3.3V, ±5.5V, ±11V
- Gain/Attenuation: G = 0.3, 0.6, 1.0, and 1.6
- High Speed Serial Interface
- 8 mm x 8 mm, 0.8 mm pitch, 81-ball CSP_BGA package
The ADAQ4380-4 is a quad channel, 16-bit precision data acquisition (DAQ) μModule® system that reduces the development cycle of a precision measurement system by transferring the signal chain design challenges of component selection, optimization, and layout from the designer to the device.
Using System-in-Package (SIP) technology, the ADAQ4380-4 reduces end system component count by combining multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks into a single device. The ADAQ4380-4 is consisting of:
- A quad channel high resolution 16-bit, 4 MSPS simultaneous sampling SAR ADC
- Low noise, fully differential ADC drivers
- A precision 3.3V voltage reference
- Low noise buffer amplifiers
- A low noise, low dropout linear regulator, and
- Critical Passive components required to achieve optimum signal chain performance
Using Analog Devices, Inc. iPassives® technology, the ADAQ4380-4 incorporates critical passive components with superior matching and drift characteristics to minimize temperature dependent error sources and offer the best performance from each individual blocks.
ADAQ4380-4 has an on-chip oversampling blocks to improve the dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. This block can boost up to two bits of added resolution.
The ADAQ4380-4 is designed with a configurable ADC Driver stage, providing user selectable gain or attenuation settings. The ADAQ4380-4 can be operated in either fully differential or single-ended- to-differential input configurations.
Housed in an 8mm x 8mm. 0.8 mm pitch, 81-ball BGA, the ADAQ4380-4 μModule® enables compact design without sacrificing performance and simplifies end system bill of materials management.
The serial peripheral interface (SPI)-compatible, serial user interface is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V logic controls. ADAQ4380-4 is specified to operate from −40°C to +105°C.
- Lab Grade Battery Test System
- Motor Control Current Sense
- Motor Control Position Feedback
- Power Quality Monitoring
- Data Acquisition System
- Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) applications
- I and Q Demodulation
|Type||250 - 500 kSPS||1 - 2 MSPS||4 MSPS|
|ADAQ4380-4 (Quad Channel)|
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.