Features and Benefits
- Pin-compatible family
- Excellent dynamic performance
- AD9736: SFDR = 82 dBc at fOUT = 30 MHz
- AD9736: SFDR = 69 dBc at fOUT = 130 MHz
- AD9736: IMD = 87 dBc at fOUT = 30 MHz
- AD9736: IMD = 82 dBc at fOUT = 130 MHz
- LVDS data interface with on-chip 100 Ω terminations
- Built-in self test
- LVDS sampling integrity
- LVDS-to-DAC data transfer integrity
- Low power: 380 mW (IFS = 20 mA; fOUT = 330 MHz)
- 1.8/3.3 V dual-supply operation
- Adjustable analog output
- 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA (RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω)
- On-chip 1.2 V reference
- 160-lead chip scale ball grid array (CSP_BGA) package
The AD9736, AD9735, and AD9734 are high performance, high frequency DACs that provide sample rates of up to 1200 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to their Nyquist frequency. The AD9736 is the 14-bit member of the family, while the AD9735 and the AD9734 are the 12-bit and 10-bit members, respectively. They include a serial peripheral interface (SPI) port that provides for programming of many internal parameters and enables readback of status registers.
A reduced-specification LVDS interface is utilized to achieve the high sample rate. The output current can be programmed over a range of 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA. The AD973x family is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 380 mW in bypass mode. It is supplied in a 160-lead chip scale ball grid array for reduced package parasitics.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) features enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals at intermediate frequencies up to 600 MHz.
- Double data rate (DDR) LVDS data receivers support the maximum conversion rate of 1200 MSPS.
- Direct pin programmability of basic functions or SPI port access offers complete control of all AD973x family functions.
- Manufactured on a CMOS process, the AD973x family uses a proprietary switching technique that enhances dynamic performance.
- The current output(s) of the AD9736 family are easily configured for single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- Broadband communications systems
- Cellular infrastructure(digital predistortion)
- Point-to-point wireless
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment
- Radar, avionics
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (4)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.