Features and Benefits
- Power dissipation @ 3.3 V, 2 mA output
- 37 mW @ 10 MSPS
- 86 mW @ 125 MSPS
- Sleep mode: <3 mW @ 3.3 V
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- SFDR to Nyquist
- 84 dBc @ 1 MHz output
- 75 dBc @ 10 MHz output
- AD9714: NSD @ 10 MHz output, 125 MSPS, 2 mA: −129 dBc/Hz
- Differential current outputs: 1 mA to 4 mA
- 2 on-chip auxiliary DACs
- CMOS inputs with single-port operation
- Output common mode: adjustable 0 V to 1.2 V
- Small footprint 40-lead LFCSP RoHS-compliant package
Product DetailsThe AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 are pin-compatible, dual, 8-/10-/12-/14-bit, low power digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 125 MSPS. These TxDAC® converters are optimized for the transmit signal path of communication systems. All the devices share the same interface, package, and pinout, providing an upward or downward component selection path based on performance, resolution, and cost.
The AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 offer exceptional ac and dc performance and support update rates up to 125 MSPS.
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.8 V to 3.3 V and low power dissipation of the AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 make them well-suited for portable and low power applications.PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Low Power.
DACs operate on a single 1.8 V to 3.3 V supply; total power consumption reduces to 35 mW at 125 MSPS with a 1.8 V supply. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- CMOS Clock Input.
High speed, single-ended CMOS clock input supports a 125 MSPS conversion rate.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components.
Adjustable output common mode from 0 V to 1.2 V allows easy interfacing to other components that accept common- mode levels greater than 0 V.
- Wireless infrastructures
- Picocell, femtocell base stations
- Medical instrumentation
- Ultrasound transducer excitation
- Portable instrumentation
- Signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9714.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 (AD911x) and AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 (AD971x)
- Includes options to evaluate
DAC and ADL5375 quadrature modulator
DAC and op amp performance
- USB interface for configuration
- Internal or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.