New Content (2)
User GuidesUG-1460: AD9671EBZ Evaluation Board User Guide
Analog DialogueHigh Performance Data Converters for Medical Imaging Systems
Features and Benefits
- 8 channels of LNA, VGA, AAF, ADC, and digital RF decimator
- Low power:
- 150 mW per channel, TGC mode, 40 MSPS
- 62.5 mW per channel, CW mode
- 10 mm × 10 mm, 144-ball CSP_BGA
- TGC channel input referred noise: 0.82 nV/√Hz, maximum gain
- Flexible power-down modes
- Fast recovery from low power standby mode: 2 μs
- Low noise preamplifier (LNA)
- Input referred noise:
0.78 nV/√Hz, gain = 21.6 dB
- Programmable gain: 15.6 dB, 17.9 dB, or 21.6 dB
- 0.1 dB compression: 1000 mV p-p, 750 mV p-p, or 450 mV p-p
- Flexible active input impedance matching
- Variable gain amplifier (VGA)
- Attenuator range: 45 dB, linear in dB gain control
- Postamp gain (PGA): 21 dB, 24 dB, 27 dB, or 30 dB
- Antialiasing filter (AAF)
- Programmable second-order low-pass filter (LPF) from 8 MHz to 18 MHz or 13.5 MHz to 30 MHz and high-pass filter (HPF)
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- SNR: 75 dB, 14 bits up to 125 MSPS
- JESD204B Subclass 0 coded serial digital outputs
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9675 is designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use for medical ultrasound. It contains eight channels of a variable gain amplifier (VGA) with a low noise preamplifier (LNA), a continuous wave (CW) harmonic rejection I/Q demodulator with programmable phase rotation, an antialiasing filter (AAF), an analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and a digital high-pass filter and RF decimation by 2 for data processing and bandwidth reduction.
Each channel features a maximum gain of up to 52 dB, a fully differential signal path, and an active input preamplifier termination. The channel is optimized for high dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The LNA has a single-ended to differential gain that is selectable through the serial port interface (SPI). Assuming a 15 MHz noise bandwidth (NBW) and a 21.6 dB LNA gain, the LNA input SNR is 94 dB. In CW Doppler mode, each LNA output drives an I/Q demodulator that has independently programmable phase rotation with 16 phase settings.
Power-down of individual channels is supported to increase battery life for portable applications. Standby mode allows quick power-up for power cycling. In CW Doppler operation, the VGA, AAF, and ADC are powered down. The ADC contains features to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as a programmable clock, data alignment, and programmable digital test pattern generation. The digital test patterns include built-in fixed patterns, built-in pseudorandom patterns, and custom user-defined test patterns entered via the SPI.
- Medical imaging/ultrasound
- Nondestructive testing (NDT)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9671EBZ evaluation board enables testing and evaluation of the AD9671 octal ultrasound analog front end (AFE) device. The AD9671EBZ evaluation board offers eight Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector inputs for all eight channels. The AD9671EBZ evaluation board connects to the HSC-ADC-EVALEZ field programmable gate array (FPGA) data capture board, and enables data capture via a USB connection to a PC. SPIController software enables flexible configuration of the AD9671, and VisualAnalog® software offers a powerful data capture as well as signal analysis tools.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for testing the AD9671
- PC software for control of the AD9671 using a USB interface
AD9675 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For low jitter, low power, clock fanout buffers: ADCLK846, ADCLK946.
Recommended A/D Converter
- For sampling the I and Q signals in analog beamforming applications: AD7982.
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.