Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V supply operation
- Low power: 115 mW per channel at 125 MSPS with scalable power options
- SNR = 71 dBFS (to Nyquist)
- SFDR = 93 dBc at 70 MHz
- DNL = −0.1 LSB to +0.2 LSB (typical); INL = ±0.4 LSB (typical)
- Serial LVDS (ANSI-644, default) and low power, reduced range option (similar to IEEE 1596.3)
- 650 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- 2 V p-p input voltage range
- Serial port control
- Full chip and individual channel power-down modes
- Flexible bit orientation
- Built-in and custom digital test pattern generation
- Clock divider
- Programmable output clock and data alignment
- Programmable output resolution
- Standby mode
The AD9635 is a dual, 12-bit, 80 MSPS/125 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip sample-and-hold circuit designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. The product operates at a conversion rate of up to 125 MSPS and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported; the AD9635 typically consumes less than 2 mW in the full power-down state. The ADC provides several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable output clock and data alignment and digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9635 is available in a RoHS-compliant, 32-lead LFCSP. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Small Footprint. Two ADCs are contained in a small, spacesaving package.
- Low Power. The AD9635 uses 115 mW/channel at 125 MSPS with scalable power options.
- Pin Compatibility with the AD9645, a 14-Bit Dual ADC.
- Ease of Use. A data clock output (DCO) operates at frequencies of up to 500 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
- GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Broadband data applications
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging and ultrasound
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9635-125EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9635, dual 12-bit ADC. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the devices in their various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALC data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI Controller software package is also compatible with this hardware, and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9635.
The AD9635 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Notes (8)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9635 IBIS Model
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9635 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter clock buffering and division: AD9508.
- For low noise clock generation from a clean reference clock: AD9516-4, AD9517-4, AD9518-4, AD9520-4, AD9522-4.
- For high performance clock generation with reference noise clean-up: AD9528.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.