Features and Benefits
- Supports GR-1244 Stratum 3 stability in holdover mode
- Supports smooth reference switchover with virtually no disturbance on output phase
- Supports Telcordia GR-253 jitter generation, transfer, and tolerance for SONET/SDH up to OC-192 systems
- Supports ITU-T G.8262 synchronous Ethernet slave clocks
- Supports ITU-T G.823, G.824, G.825, and G.8261
- Auto/manual holdover and reference switchover
- 4 reference inputs (single-ended or differential)
- Input reference frequencies: 2 kHz to 1250 MHz
- Reference validation and frequency monitoring (1 ppm)
- Programmable input reference switchover priority
- 20-bit programmable input reference divider
- 6 pairs of clock output pins with each pair configurable as a single differential LVDS/HSTL output or as 2 single-ended CMOS outputs
- Output frequencies: 352 Hz to 1250 MHz
- Programmable 17-bit integer and 23-bit fractional feedback divider in digital PLL
- Programmable digital loop filter covering loop bandwidths from 0.1Hz to 5 kHz (2 kHz maximum for <0.1 dB of peaking)
- Low noise system clock multiplier
- Frame sync support
- Adaptive clocking
- Optional crystal resonator for system clock input
- On-chip EEPROM to store multiple power-up profiles
- Pin program function for easy frequency translation configuration
- Software controlled power-down
- 64-lead, 9 mm × 9 mm, LFCSP package
The AD9558 is a low loop bandwidth clock multiplier that provides jitter cleanup and synchronization for many systems, including synchronous optical networks (OTN/SONET/SDH). The AD9558 generates an output clock synchronized to up to four external input references. The digital phase-locked loop (PLL) allows reduction of input time jitter or phase noise associated with the external references. The digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry of the AD9558 continuously generates a low jitter output clock even when all reference inputs have failed.
The AD9558 operates over an industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. If a smaller package is required, refer to the AD9557 for the two-input/two-output version of the same device.
- Network synchronization, including synchronous Ethernet and SDH to OTN mapping/demapping
- Cleanup of reference clock jitter
- SONET/SDH/OTN clocks up to 100 Gbps, including FEC
- Stratum 3 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- Wireless base station controllers
- Cable infrastructure
- Data communications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
AD9558 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For clock/data fanout buffers: ADCLK925, ADCLK944, ADCLK948, ADCLK854, ADCLK846.
Recommended Linear Regulators
- For ultralow noise, low dropout: ADP150.
Recommended Switching Controller
- For a dual controller up to 2 x 25A output current: ADP1829.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.