Features and Benefits
- 100 MSPS guaranteed sampling rate (AD9446-100)
- 83.6 dBFS SNR with 30 MHz input
- (3.8 V p-p input, 80 MSPS)
- 82.6 dBFS SNR with 30 MHz input
- (3.2 V p-p input, 80 MSPS)
- 89 dBc SFDR with 30 MHz input
- (3.2 V p-p input, 80 MSPS)
- 95 dBFS 2-tone SFDR with 9.8 MHz and
- 10.8 MHz (100 MSPS)
- 60 fsec rms jitter
- Excellent linearity
DNL = DNL = ±0.4 LSB typical
INL = ±3.0 LSB typical
- 2.0 V p-p to 4.0 V p-p differential full-scale input
- Buffered analog inputs
- LVDS outputs (ANSI-644 compatible) or CMOS outputs
- Data format select (offset binary or twos complement)
- Output clock available
- 3.3 V and 5 V supply operation
Product DetailsThe AD9446 is a 16-bit, monolithic, sampling analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip track-and-hold circuit. It is optimized for performance, small size, and ease of use. The product operates up to 100 MSPS, providing superior SNR for instrumentation, medical imaging, and radar receivers employing baseband (<100 MHz) IF frequencies.
The ADC requires 3.3 V and 5.0 V power supplies and a low voltage differential input clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications. Data outputs are LVDS-compatible (ANSI-644) or CMOS-compatible and include the means to reduce the overall current needed for short trace distances.
Optional features allow users to implement various selectable operating conditions, including data format select and output data mode.
The AD9446 is available in a 100-lead surface-mount plastic package (100-lead TQFP/EP) specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- True 16 bit linearity.
- High performance: outstanding SNR performance for baseband IFs in data acquisition, instrumentation, magnetic resonance imaging, and radar receivers.
- Ease of use: On-chip reference and high input impedance track-and-hold. An output clock simplifies data capture.
- Packaged in a Pb-free, 100-lead TQFP/EP.
- Clock duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) maintains overall ADC performance over a wide range of clock pulse widths.
- OR (out-of-range) outputs indicate when the signal is beyond the selected input range.
- MRI receivers
- Multi-carrier, multimode cellular receivers
- Antenna array positioning
- Power amplifier linearization
- Broadband wireless
- Radar, infrared imaging
- Communications instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The high speed ADC FIFO evaluation kit includes the latest version of ADC Analyzer and a buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The FIFO board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with ADC Analyzer to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. Users can view an FFT for a specific analog input and encode rate to analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonic information.
The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
The HSC-ADC-EVALB-DCZ can be used with single and multichannel ADCs and converters with demultiplexed digital outputs.
Features & Benefits
- Buffer memory board for capturing digital data used with high speed ADC evaluation boards to simplify evaluation
- 32 kB FIFO depth at 133 MSPS (upgradable)
- Measures performance with ADC Analyzer™ Real-time FFT and time domain analysis Analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonics
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
- Supporting ADCs with serial port interfaces (SPI)
- On-board regulator circuit, no power supply required 6 V, 2 A switching power supply included
- Compatible with Windows 98 (2nd ed.), Windows 2000, Windows ME, and Windows XP
Application Notes (14)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9446 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.