Features and Benefits
- Supports input data rates up to 1 GSPS
- Proprietary, low spurious and distortion design
- Single carrier LTE 20 MHz bandwidth (BW), ACLR = 77 dBc at 180 MHz IF
- Six carrier GSM IMD = 78 dBc, 600 kHz carrier spacing at 180 MHz IF
- SFDR = 72 dBc at 180 MHz IF, −6 dBFS single tone
- Flexible 8-lane JESD204B interface
- Multiple chip synchronization
- Fixed latency
- Data generator latency compensation
- Input signal power detection
- High performance, low noise phase-locked loop (PLL) clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- Digital quadrature modulation using a numerically controlled oscillator (NCO)
- Nyquist band selection—mix mode
- Selectable 1×, 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolation filters
- Low power: 2.11 W at 1.6 GSPS, full operating conditions
- 88-lead, exposed pad LFCSP
The AD9154 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a maximum sample rate of 2.4 GSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency in baseband mode. The AD9154 includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications including complex digital modulation, input signal power detection, and gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF6720-27 radio frequency quadrature modulator (AQM) from Analog Devices, Inc. In mix mode, the AD9154 DAC can reconstruct carriers in the second and third Nyquist Zones. A serial port interface (SPI) provides the programming/readback of internal parameters. The full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 4 mA to 20 mA. The AD9154 is available in two different 88-lead LFCSP packagesProduct Highlights
- Ultrawide signal bandwidth enables emerging wideband and multiband wireless applications.
- Advanced low spurious and distortion design techniques provide high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- JESD204B Subclass 1 support simplifies multichip synchronization.
- Small package size with a 12 mm × 12 mm footprint.
- Wireless communications
Multicarrier LTE and GSM base stations
Software defined radios
- Wideband communications
Point to point microwave radio
- Transmit diversity, multiple input/multiple output (MIMO)
- Automated test equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
AD9154 EVALUATION BOARD
The AD9154-EBZ, AD9154-M6720-EBZ and the AD9154-FMC-EBZ supports the AD9154 which is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter(DAC) that provides a maximum sample rate of 2.4 GSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency in baseband mode. The AD9154 includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications including complex digital modulation, input signal power detection, and gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF672x radio frequency quadrature modulators (AQMs) from Analog Devices, Inc. In Mix-Mode, the AD9154 DACs can reconstruct carriers in the 2nd and 3rd Nyquist Zones. A serial port interface (SPI) provides for programming/readback of internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 4 mA to 20 mA.
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Features & Benefits
- Based on Virtex-7 FPGA
- One (1) FMC-HPC connector
- Ten (10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers supported
- Two (2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
When connected to a specified Analog Devices high speed adc evaluation board, the ADS8-V1 works as a data acquistion board. Designed to support the highest speed JESD204B A/D Converters, the FPGA on the ADS8-V1 acts as the data receiver, while the ADC is the data transmitter.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale XCKU040-3FFVA1156E FPGA.
- One (1) FMC+ connector.
- Twenty (20) 16Gbps transceivers supported by one (1) FMC+ connector.
- DDR4 SDRAM.
- Simple USB 3.0 port interface.
Tools & Simulations
FPGA Interoperability Reports (2)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.