Features and Benefits
- Support input data rate >2 GSPS
- Proprietary low spurious and distortion design
- SFDR = 82 dBc at dc IF, −9 dBFS
- Flexible 8-lane JESD204B interface
- Multiple chip synchronization
- Fixed latency
- Data generator latency compensation
- Selectable 1×, 2×, 4×, or 8× interpolation filter
- Low power architecture
- Transmit enable function allows extra power saving and instant control of the output status
- High performance, low noise phase-locked loop (PLL) clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- Low power: 1.42 W at 1.6 GSPS full operating conditions
- 88-lead LFCSP with exposed pad
The AD9135/AD9136 are dual, 11-/16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a maximum sample rate of 2800 MSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation over a very wide bandwidth. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF6720, as well as other analog quadrature modulators (AQMs) from Analog Devices, Inc. An optional 3-wire or 4-wire serial port interface (SPI) provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. The full-scale output current can be programmed over a typical range of 13.9 mA to 27.0 mA. The AD9135/AD9136 are available in an 88-lead LFCSP.
- Greater than 2 GHz, ultrawide complex signal bandwidth enables emerging wideband and multiband wireless applications.
- Advanced low spurious and distortion design techniques provide high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- JESD204B Subclass 1 support simplifies multichip synchronization in software and hardware design.
- Fewer pins for data interface width with a serializer/deserializer (SERDES) JESD204B eight-lane interface.
- Programmable transmit enable function allows easy design balance between power consumption and wake-up time.
- Small package size with 12 mm × 12 mm footprint.
- Wireless communications
- 3G/4G W-CDMA base stations
- Wideband repeaters
- Software defined radios
- Wideband communications
- Point to point
- Local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) and multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS)
- Transmit diversity, multiple input/multiple output (MIMO)
- Automated test equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9136-EBZ and the AD9136-FMC-EBZ supports the AD9136 dual, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converters (DAC).The AD9135 provides a maximum sample rate of 2800 MSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation over a very wide bandwidth. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF6720 and ADRF670x analog quadrature modulators (AQMs) from Analog Devices, Inc. An optional 3-wire or 4-wire serial port interface (SPI) provides for programming/ readback of many internal parameters. The fullscale output current can be programmed over a typical range of 13.9 mA to 27.0 mA.
When connected to a specified Analog Devices high speed adc evaluation board, the ADS8-V1 works as a data acquistion board. Designed to support the highest speed JESD204B A/D Converters, the FPGA on the ADS8-V1 acts as the data receiver, while the ADC is the data transmitter.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale XCKU040-3FFVA1156E FPGA.
- One (1) FMC+ connector.
- Twenty (20) 16Gbps transceivers supported by one (1) FMC+ connector.
- DDR4 SDRAM.
- Simple USB 3.0 port interface.
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
FPGA Interoperability Reports (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.