Features and Benefits
- JESD204B (Subclass 1 and Subclass 0) coded serial digital outputs
- Lane rates up to 15 Gbps
- 1.6 W total power at 1 GSPS
- 400 mW per ADC channel
- SFDR: 71 dBFS at 611 MHz (1.44 V p-p input range)
- SNR: 48.6 dBFS at 611 MHz (1.44 V p-p input range)
- SINAD: 48.5 dBFS at 611 MHz (1.44 V p-p input range)
- 0.9 V, 1.8 V, and 2.5 V dc supply operation
- No missing codes
- Internal ADC voltage reference
- Analog input buffer
- On-chip dithering to improve small signal linearity
- Flexible differential input range
- 1.44 V p-p to 2.16 V p-p (1.44 V p-p default)
- 1.4 GHz analog input full power bandwidth
- Fast detect bits for efficient AGC implementation
- Differential clock input
- Integer clock divide by 1, 2, 4, or 8
- On-chip temperature diode
- Flexible JESD204B lane configurations
The AD9094 is an 8-bit, 1 GSPS, quad analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. The device is designed to sample wide bandwidth analog signals up to 1.4 GHz. The AD9094 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, a high sampling rate, high works linearity, and low power in a small package.
The quad-ADC cores feature multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth inputs that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference facilitates design considerations. The analog inputs and clock signals are differential inputs.
Users can configure each pair of intermediate frequency (IF) receiver outputs onto either one or two lanes of JESD204B Subclass 1 or Subclass 0, high speed, serialized outputs, depending on the sample rate and the acceptable lane rate of the receiving logic device. Multiple device synchronization is supported through the SYSREF±, SYNCINB±AB, and SYNCINB±CD input pins.
The AD9094 has flexible power-down options that allow significant power savings when desired. To program the power down options, use the 1.8 V capable, serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9094 is available in a Pb-free, 72-lead, lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) and is specified over a junction temperature range of −40°C to +105°C. This product may be protected by one or more U.S. or international patents.
Note that throughout the data sheet, multifunction pins, such as PDWN/STBY, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, PDWN, when only that function is relevant.
- Low power consumption per channel.
- JESD204B lane rate support up to 15 Gbps.
- Wide, full power bandwidth supports IF sampling of signals up to 1.4 GHz.
- Buffered inputs ease filter design and implementation.
- Four integrated wideband decimation filters and numerically controlled oscillator (NCO) blocks supporting multiband receivers.
- Programmable fast overrange detection.
- On-chip temperature diode for system thermal management.
- Laser imaging, detection, and ranging (LIDAR)
- Digital oscilloscope (DSO)
- Ultrawideband satellite receivers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9094EVZ supports the AD9094, a quad, 14-bit, 500 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. This device is designed support communications applications capable of sampling analog signals of up to 1.4 GHz. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the ADS7-V2EBZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The ACE software package is also compatible with this hardware, and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9094.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9094
- SPI interface for setup and control
- Wide band Balun driven input
- External supply powered but may also use 12V-1A and 3.3V-3A supplies from FMC
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.