Features and Benefits
2 MSPS (wideband warp and warp mode)
1.5 MSPS (normal mode)
- INL: ±0.5 LSB typical, ±1.5 LSB maximum (±23 ppm of FSR)
- 16-bit resolution with no missing codes
- Dynamic range: 92.5 dB typical
- SINAD: 91 dB minimum @ 20 kHz (VREF = 2.5 V)
- THD: −115 dB typical @ 20 kHz (VREF = 2.5 V)
- 2.048 V internal reference: typical drift 8 ppm/°C; TEMP output
- Differential input range: ±VREF (VREF up to 2.5 V)
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Parallel (16-, or 8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3.3 V/2.5 V interface
- SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP compatible
- Single 2.5 V supply operation
The AD7622 is a 16-bit, 2 MSPS, charge redistribution SAR, fully differential, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that operates from a single 2.5 V power supply. The part contains a high speed, 16-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference (and buffer), error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. It features two very high sampling rate modes (wideband warp and warp) and a fast mode (normal) for asynchronous rate applications. The AD7622 is hardware factory calibrated and tested to ensure ac parameters, such as signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), in addition to the more traditional dc parameters of gain, offset, and linearity. The AD7622 is available in Pb-free only packages with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Medical instruments
- High speed data acquisition/high dynamic data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7622EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7622. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
AD7622 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For a fully differential attenuating precision amplifier: AD8475.
- For low noise, high gain bandwidth: AD8021, ADA4899-1, AD8022.
- For single-ended to differential driver applications: AD8139, ADA4930-1.
- For low noise, low distortion, low power: ADA4841-1.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.