Features and Benefits
- Fast Throughput Rate: 1 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to 5.25 V
- Low Power:
3.6 mW Typ at 1 MSPS with 3 V Supplies
15 mW Typ at 1 MSPS with 5 V Supplies
- Wide Input Bandwidth: 70 dB SNR at 100 kHz Input Frequency
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management
- No Pipeline Delays
- High Speed Serial Interface
- Standby Mode: 1 µA Max
- 6-Lead SOT-23 Package
The AD7476 / AD7477 / AD7478 are, respectively, 12-bit, 10-bit, and 8-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation ADCs. The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. Each part contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 6 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with these parts.
The AD7476 / AD7477 / AD7478 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. The reference for the parts is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus, the analog input range for the parts are 0 V to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK.
- First 12-/10-/8-Bit ADCs in SOT-23 Packages.
- High Throughput with Low Power Consumption.
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. This allows the average power consumption to be reduced while not converting. The parts also feature a shutdown mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Current consumption is 1 μA maximum when in shutdown mode.
- Reference Derived from the Power Supply.
- No Pipeline Delay. The parts feature a standard successive-approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-powered systems
Personal digital assistants
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- High speed modems
- Optical sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.