Features and Benefits
- 16-bit SAR ADC family
- Dual simultaneous sampling
- Fully differential analog inputs
- 4 MSPS throughput rate
- SNR (typ): 92.5 dB @ 16-bit
- On-chip oversampling function
- SNR 101 dB(typ) with x32 OSR
- INL (max):
- 2 LSBs @ 16-bit
- 1 LSB @ 14-bit
- 2.5 V internal reference
- High-speed serial interface
- −40°C to +125°C operation
- 16-lead LFCSP, 3 mm X 3 mm
The AD7380 and AD7381 are a 16-bit and 14-bit pin compatible family of dual simultaneous sampling, high speed, low power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converters (ADC) that operate from a 3.3 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 4 MSPS. The analog input type is differential, accepts a wide common mode input voltage and is sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
Integrated on-chip oversampling blocks improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used.
The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs allowing for easy interfacing to microprocessors or DSPs. It is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V interfaces, using the separate logic supply.
The AD7380/AD7381 is available in a 16-lead LFCSP package with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- Dual simultaneous sampling and conversion with two complete ADC functions.
- Pin compatible product family.
- High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
- Space saving 3mm x 3 mm LFCSP package.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range, reduce noise and reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Differential analog inputs with wide common mode range.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden.
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Data acquisition systems
- EDFA applications
- I and Q demodulation
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.