Features and Benefits
- Dual 16-bit/14-bit ADC family
- Dual simultaneous sampling
- Pseudo differential analog inputs
- 4 MSPS throughput conversion rate
- SNR (typical)
- 87.5 dB, VREF = 3.3 V external for 16-bit AD7383
- 83.5 dB, VREF = 3.3 V external for 14-bit AD7384
- 93.4 dB with RES = 1 and OSR = 8
- On-chip oversampling function
- Resolution boost function
- INL error (maximum)
- 2.5 LSBs for 16-bit AD7383
- 1.0 LSB for 14-bit AD7384
- 2.5 V internal reference
- High speed serial interface
- −40°C to +125°C operation
- 16-lead LFCSP, 3 mm × 3 mm
- Alert function
The 16-bit AD7383 and the 14-bit AD7384 are a pin-compatible family of dual simultaneous sampling, high speed, low power, successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 4 MSPS. The analog input type is pseudo differential and is sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
Integrated on-chip oversampling blocks improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used.
The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs that allow simple interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The devices are compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces, using a separate logic supply.
The AD7383 and the AD7384 are available in a 16-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only.
- Dual simultaneous sampling and conversion with two complete ADC functions.
- Pin-compatible product family.
- High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
- Space saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range, reduce noise, and reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Pseudo differential analog inputs.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden.
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Power quality
- Data acquisition systems
- Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) applications
- I and Q demodulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.