Features and Benefits
- 12-bit resolution and monotonicity
- Current output ranges: 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 20 mA, or 0 mA to 24 mA
- ±0.01% FSR typical total unadjusted error (TUE)
- ±3 ppm FSR/°C output drift
- Voltage output ranges: 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, or ±10 V
- 10% overrange
- ±0.01% FSR typical TUE
- ±2 ppm FSR/°C output drift
- Flexible serial digital interface
- On-chip output fault detection
- On-chip reference: 10 ppm/°C maximum
- Optional regulated DVCC output
- Asynchronous clear function
- Power supply range
- AVDD: 10.8 V to 40 V
- AVSS: −26.4 V to −3 V/0 V
- Current loop compliance voltage: AVDD – 2.5 V
- Temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- TSSOP and LFCSP packages
The AD5412/AD5422 are low cost, precision, fully integrated 12-/16-bit digital-to-analog converters (DAC) offering a pro-grammable current source and programmable voltage output designed to meet the requirements of industrial process control applications.
The output current range is programmable at 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 20 mA, or an overrange function of 0 mA to 24 mA.
The LFCSP version of this product has a CAP2 pin so that the HART signals can be coupled onto the current output of the AD5412/AD5422.
Voltage output is provided from a separate pin that can be configured to provide 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, or ±10 V output ranges; an overrange of 10% is available on all ranges.
Analog outputs are short and open-circuit protected and can drive capacitive loads of 1 μF.
The device operates with an AVDD power supply range from 10.8 V to 40 V. Current loop compliance voltage is 0 V to AVDD − 2.5 V.
The flexible serial interface is SPI- and MICROWIRE™-compatible and can be operated in 3-wire mode to minimize the digital isolation required in isolated applications.
The device also includes a power-on-reset function, ensuring that the device powers up in a known state. The part also includes an asynchronous clear pin (CLEAR) that sets the outputs to zero-scale/midscale voltage output or the low end of the selected current range.
The total output error is typically ±0.01% in current mode and ±0.01% in voltage mode.
- Process controls
- Actuator controls
- HART network connectivity (LFCSP package only)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board can be used as a standalone board, with control coming from an external DSP or microcontroller, or it can be connected to a PC via USB interface. Software is provided that can be used to program the registers of the AD5422 via the USB interface to the PC.\
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
AD5412 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For process control applications: ADUM1400, ADUM1200.
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401, ADUM5402, ADUM5403.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441, ADUM7442.
Recommended Low Power Hart Modem
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.