Features and Benefits
- AD5308: 8 buffered 8-bit DACs in 16-lead TSSOP A version: ±1 LSB INL, B version: ±0.75 LSB INL
- AD5318: 8 buffered 10-bit DACs in 16-lead TSSOP A version: ±4 LSB INL, B version: ±3 LSB INL
- AD5328: 8 buffered 12-bit DACs in 16-lead TSSOP A version: ±16 LSB INL, B version: ±12 LSB INL
- Low power operation: 0.7 mA @ 3 V
- Power-down to 120 nA @ 3 V, 400 nA @ 5 V
- Double-buffered input logic
- Guaranteed monotonic by design over all codes
- Buffered/unbuffered/VDD reference input options
- Output range: 0 V to VREF or 0 V to 2 VREF
- Power-on reset to 0 V
Individual channel power-down
Simultaneous update of outputs (LDAC)
- Low power, SPI-®, QSPI-™, MICROWIRE-™, and DSP-compatible 3-wire serial interface
The AD5308/AD5318/AD5328 are octal 8-, 10-, and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs in a 16-lead TSSOP. They operate from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 0.7 mA typical at 3 V. Their on-chip output amplifiers allow the outputs to swing rail-to-rail with a slew rate of 0.7 V/μs. The AD5308/ AD5318/AD5328 use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE, and DSP interface standards.
The references for the eight DACs are derived from two reference pins (one per DAC quad). These reference inputs can be configured as buffered, unbuffered, or VDD inputs. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit, which ensures that the DAC outputs power up to 0 V and remain there until a valid write to the device takes place. The outputs of all DACs may be updated simultaneously using the asynchronous LDAC input. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the devices to 400 nA at 5 V (120 nA at 3 V). The eight channels of the DAC may be powered down individually.
All three parts are offered in the same pinout, which allows users to select the resolution appropriate for their application without redesigning their circuit board.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Optical networking
- Automatic test equipment
- Mobile communications
- Programmable attenuators
- Industrial process control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5328DBZ evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype new AD5328 circuits and reduce design time. The AD5328 operates from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply.
For full details, see the AD5328 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with UG-978 when using the EVAL-AD5328DBZ evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board. Software is available for download to allow the user to program the AD5328.
This evaluation board requires the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board), which is available for order on the Analog Devices website.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
AD5328 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.