Features and Benefits
- 4 buffered 12-Bit DACs in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead LFCSP
- A, W Version: ±16 LSB INL, B Version: ±10 LSB INL
- Low power operation: 500μA @ 3V, 600μA @ 5V
- 2.5V to 5.5V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design over all codes
- Power-down to 80nA @ 3V, 200nA @ 5V
- Double-buffered input logic
- Output range: 0V to VREF
- Power-on reset to 0V
- See data sheet for additional features
AD5324-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard)
- Download AD5324-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/12628 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD5304/AD5314/AD5324 are quad 8-, 10-, and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead LFCSP packages that operate from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 500 μA at 3 V. Their on-chip output amplifiers allow rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved with a slew rate of 0.7 V/μs. A 3-wire serial interface is used; it operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE, and DSP interface standards.
The references for the four DACs are derived from one reference pin. The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the software LDAC function. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit, and ensure that the DAC outputs power up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA @ 5 V (80 nA @ 3 V).
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 3 mW at 5 V, 1.5 mW at 3 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
- Industrial process controls
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5324DBZ evaluation board is designed to quickly prototype AD5324 circuits and reduce design time. The AD5324 operates from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply.
The EVAL-AD5324DBZ interfaces with the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B controller board. Software can be downloaded via the EVAL-AD5324DBZ product page that allows users to program the AD5324.
The EVAL-AD5324DBZ evaluation board requires the SDP-B controller board, which is available for order on the Analog Devices website.
Full data for the AD5324 can be found in the AD5324 data sheet available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-975 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board (EVAL-AD5324DBZ) in conjunction with nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
Tools & Simulations
AD5324 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.