Features and Benefits
- 4 buffered 10-Bit DACs in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead LFCSP
- A, W Version: ±4 LSB INL, B Version: ±2.5 LSB INL
- Low power operation: 500 µA @ 3 V, 600 µA @ 5 V
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design over all codes
- Power-down to 80 nA @ 3 V, 200 nA @ 5 V
- Double-buffered input logic
- Output range: 0 V to VREF
- Power-on reset to 0 V
- Simultaneous update of outputs (LDAC function)
- Low power-, SPI®-, QSPI™-, MICROWIRE™-, and DSP-compatible 3-wire serial interface
- On-chip, rail-to-rail output buffer amplifiers
- Temperature range –40°C to +105°C
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD5304/AD5314/AD5324 are quad 8-, 10-, and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead LFCSP packages that operate from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 500 μA at 3 V. Their on-chip output amplifiers allow rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved with a slew rate of 0.7 V/μs. A 3-wire serial interface is used; it operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE, and DSP interface standards.
The references for the four DACs are derived from one reference pin. The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the software LDAC function. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit, and ensure that the DAC outputs power up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA @ 5 V (80 nA @ 3 V).
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 3 mW at 5 V, 1.5 mW at 3 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
- Industrial process controls
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
AD5314 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.