Features and Benefits
- 10 kΩ and 100 kΩ resistance options
- Resistor tolerance: 8% maximum
- Wiper current: ±6 mA
- Low temperature coefficient: 35 ppm/°C
- Wide bandwidth: 3 MHz
- Fast start-up time < 75 μs
- Linear gain setting mode
- Single- and dual-supply operation
- Independent logic supply: 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Wide operating temperature: −40°C to +125°C
- 4 mm × 4 mm package option
- Download AD5144-EP data sheet (PDF)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
The AD5124/AD5144/AD5144A potentiometers provide a nonvolatile solution for 128-/256-position adjustment applications, offering guaranteed low resistor tolerance errors of ±8% and up to ±6 mA current density in the Ax, Bx, and Wx pins.
The low resistor tolerance and low nominal temperature coefficient simplify open-loop applications as well as applications requiring tolerance matching.
The linear gain setting mode allows independent programming of the resistance between the digital potentiometer terminals, through the RAW and RWB string resistors, allowing very accurate resistor matching.
The high bandwidth and low total harmonic distortion (THD) ensure optimal performance for ac signals, making these devices suitable for filter design.
The low wiper resistance of only 40 Ω at the ends of the resistor array allow for pin-to-pin connection.
The wiper values can be set through an SPI-/I2C-compatible digital interface that is also used to read back the wiper register and EEPROM contents.
The AD5124/AD5144/AD5144A are available in a compact, 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP and a 20-lead TSSOP. The parts are guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Portable electronics level adjustment
- LCD panel brightness and contrast controls
- Programmable filters, delays, and time constants
- Programmable power supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
With versatile programmability, the AD5144 allows multiple modes of operation, including read/write access in the RDAC and EEMEM registers, increment / decrement of resistance, resistance changes in ±6 dB scales, wiper setting read-back, and extra EEMEM for storing user-defined information, such as memory data for other components or a lookup table.
The AD5144 supports a dual-supply ±2.25 V to ±2.75 V operation and a single-supply 2.3 V to 5.5 V operation, making the device suitable for battery-powered applications and many other applications. In addition, the AD5144 can be configured as a versatile I2C or SPI serial interface. The EVAL-AD5144DBZ can operate in single-supply or dual-supply mode and incorporates an internal power supply from the USB.
Complete specifications for the AD5144 part can be found in the AD5144 data sheet.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with low voltage digiPOT motherboard (EVAL-MB-LV-SDZ)
- Various test circuits
- Various ac/dc input signals
- PC control via a separately purchased system demonstration platform (SDP-B or SDP-S)
- PC software for control
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.