Features and Benefits
- Low power quad 12-/14-/16-bit DAC, ±1 LSB INL
- Pin compatible and performance upgrade to AD5666
- Individual and common voltage reference pin options
- Rail-to-rail operation
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- 3 power-down functions and per-channel power-down
- Hardware LDAC with software LDAC override function
- CLR function to programmable code
- SDO daisy-chaining option
- 14-/16-lead TSSOP
- Internal reference buffer and internal output amplifier
The AD5024 / AD5044 / AD5064 are low power, quad 12-/14-/ 16-bit buffered voltage output nanoDAC® DACs that offer relative accuracy specifications of 1 LSB INL and 1 LSB DNL with individual reference pins and can operate from a single 4.5 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5024 / AD5044 / AD5064 parts also offer a differential accuracy specification of ±1 LSB. The parts use a versatile 3-wire, low power Schmitt trigger serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. Integrated reference buffers and output amplifiers are also provided on-chip. The AD5024 / AD5044 / AD5064 / AD5064-1 incorporate a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to zero scale or midscale and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The AD5024 / AD5044 / AD5064 / AD5064-1 contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to typically 400 nA at 5 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power- down mode. Total unadjusted error for the parts is <2 mV.
- Quad channel available in 16-lead TSSOP package.
- 16-bit accurate, 1 LSB INL.
- Low glitch on power-up.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 50 MHz.
- Reset to known output voltage (zero scale or midscale).
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Evaluation board for the AD5064 contains a USB connection and software allowing the AD5064 to be controlled from a PC.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
AD5044 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.