Features and Benefits
- Low power quad 16-bit DAC
- 14-lead TSSOP
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- Power down to 400 nA at 5 V, 200 nA at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- 3 power-down functions
- See data sheet for additional features
- Download AD5666-EP Data Sheet
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/14626 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD5666 is a low power, quad, 16-bit, buffered voltage-output DAC. The part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and is guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5666 has an on-chip reference with an internal gain of 2. The AD5666-1 has a 1.25 V 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V; the AD5666-2 has a 2.5 V 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output of 5 V. The on-board reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external reference. The internal reference is turned on by writing to the DAC.
The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V (POR pin low) or to midscale (POR pin high) and remains powered up at this level until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 400 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode for any or all DAC channels.
The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the LDAC function, with the added functionality of user-select-able DAC channels to simultaneously update. There is also an asynchronous CLR that clears all DACs to a software-selectable code—0 V, midscale, or full scale.
The AD5666 utilizes a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The on-chip precision output amplifier enables rail-to-rail output swing.
The AD5666-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC)
- Quad, 16-bit DAC.
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 14-lead TSSOP.
- Selectable power-on reset to 0 V or midscale.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 200 nA at 3 V and 400 nA at 5 V.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5666 evaluation board (EVALAD5666SDZ) is designed to help customers quickly prototype new AD5666 circuits and reduce design time. The AD5666 operates from a single supply. The board populates the AD5666BRUZ-2, which has a 2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output of 5 V. Additionally, the board populates 2.5 V and 5 V external references, giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V and 5 V, respectively.
Full data on the AD5666 can be found in the AD5666 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this document when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the PC via the SDP board. Software is included in the evaluation board kit that allows you to easily program the AD5666.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5666
- On-board reference
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
- PC software for control of DAC
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.