New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- RF output frequency range: 62.5 MHz to 32,000 MHz
- Fractional-N synthesizer and Integer N synthesizer
- High resolution 39-bit fractional modulus
- Typical spurious PFD: −90 dBc
- Integrated rms jitter: 38 fs (1 kHz to 100 MHz)
- Normalized phase noise floor: −234 dBc/Hz
- PFD operation to 250 MHz
- Reference frequency operation to 600 MHz
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- 62.5 MHz to 8,000 MHz output at RF8x and RFAUX8x
- 8,000 MHz to 16,000 MHz output at RF16x
- 16,000 MHz to 32,000 MHz output at RF32x
- Lock time approximately 3 ms with automatic calibration
- Lock time <30 μs with autocalibration bypassed
- Analog and digital power supplies: 3.3 V
- VCO power supply: 3.3 V and 5 V
- RF output mute function
- 7mm × 7mm, 48-terminal LGA package
The ADF4371 allows implementation of fractional-N or Integer N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. The wideband microwave voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) design allows frequencies from 62.5 MHz to 32 GHz to be generated.
The ADF4371 has an integrated VCO with a fundamental output frequency ranging from 4000 MHz to 8000 MHz. In addition, the VCO frequency is connected to divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 circuits that allows the user to generate radio frequency (RF) output frequencies as low as 62.5 MHz at RF8x. A frequency multiplier at RF16x generates from 8 GHz to 16 GHz. A frequency quadrupler generates frequencies from 16 GHz to 32 GHz at RF32x. RFAUX8x duplicates the frequency range of RF8x or permits direct access to the VCO output. To suppress the unwanted products of frequency multiplication, a harmonic filter exists between the multipliers and the output stages of RF16x and RF32x.
Control of all on-chip registers is through a 3-wire interface. The ADF4371 operates with analog and digital power supplies ranging from 3.15 V to 3.45 V, and 5 V for the VCO power supply. The ADF4371 also contains hardware and software power-down modes.
- Wireless infrastructure (multicarrier global system for mobile communication (MC-GSM), 5 G)
- Test equipment and instrumentation
- Clock generation
- Aerospace and defense
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADF4371SD2Z evaluates the performance of the ADF4371 frequency synthesizer with an integrated voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) for phase-locked loops (PLLs). The evaluation board contains the ADF4371 frequency synthesizer with an integrated VCO, a USB interface, power supply connectors, and subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors.
This board requires an SDP-S board (not supplied with the kit). The SDP-S allows software programming of the EVADF4371SD2Z device.
Full specifications for the ADF4371 frequency synthesizer are available in the product data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when working with the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Self-contained board, including ADF4371 frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO, loop filter (180 kHz), USB interface, and voltage regulators
- Windows®-based software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 6 V
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (4)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.