Features and Benefits
- Extensive API Library for the AD917x family of 16-Bit, 12 GSPS, RF Digital-to-Analog Converters
- API functions to initialize and configure AD9172 Dual DAC data-paths, NCOs and JESD Interface
- Portable, Platform agnostic, ANSI C source code
The AD917x API library is a collection of APIs that provide a consistent interface the family of AD917x ADI High Speed Converter DAC devices. The APIs are designed so that there is a consistent interface to the devices. The library is a software layer that sits between the application and the DAC hardware. The library is intended to serve two purposes:
- Provide the application with a set of APIs that can be used to configure RX hardware without the need for low-level register access. This makes the application portable across different revisions of the hardware and even across different hardware modules.
- Provide basic services to aid the application in controlling the DAC module, such as interrupt service routine, DAC high-level control and status information.
The driver does not, in any shape or form, alter the configuration or state of DAC module on its own. It is the responsibility of the application to configure the part according to the required mode of operation, poll for status, etc... The library acts only as an abstraction layer between the application and the hardware.