New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Supports multiband wireless applications
- 3 bypassable, complex data input channels per RF DAC
- 3.08 GSPS maximum complex input data rate per input channel, 11-bit resolution
- 1 independent NCO per input channel
- Proprietary, low spurious and distortion design
- 2-tone IMD3 = −83 dBc at 1.84GHz, −7 dBFS/tone RF output
- SFDR <−80 dBc at 1.84 GHz, −7 dBFS RF output
- Flexible 8-lane, 15.4 Gbps JESD204B interface
- Supports single-band and multiband use cases
- Supports 12-bit high density mode for increased data throughput
- Multiple chip synchronization
- Supports JESD204B Subclass 1
- Selectable interpolation filter for a complete set of input data rates
- 1×, 2×, 3×, 4×, 6×, and 8× configurable data channel interpolation
- 1×, 2×, 4×, 6×, 8×, and 12× configurable final interpolation
- Final 48-bit NCO that operates at the DAC rate to support frequency synthesis up to 6 GHz
- Transmit enable function allows extra power saving and downstream circuitry protection
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Supports 12.6 GSPS DAC update rate
- Observation ADC clock driver with selectable divide ratios
- Low power
- 2.54 W with 2 DACs at 12 GSPS, DAC PLL on
- 10 mm × 10 mm, 144-ball BGA_ED with metal enhanced thermal lid, 0.80 mm pitch
The AD9175 is a high performance, dual, 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that supports DAC sample rates up to 12.6 GSPS. The device features an 8-lane, 15.4 Gbps JESD204B data input port, a high performance, on-chip DAC clock multiplier, and digital signal processing capabilities targeted at single-band and multiband direct to radio frequency (RF) wireless applications.
The AD9175 features three complex data input channels per RF DAC datapath. Each input channel is fully bypassable. Each data input channel (or channelizer) includes a configurable gain stage, an interpolation filter, and a channel numerically controlled oscillator (NCO) for flexible, multiband frequency planning. The AD9175 supports an input data rate of up to 3.08 GSPS complex (in-phase/quadrature (I/Q)), or up to 3.4 GSPS noncomplex (real), and is capable of allocating multiple complex input data streams to the assigned channels for individual processing. Each group of three channelizers is summed into a respective main datapath for additional processing when needed. Each main datapath includes an interpolation filter and one 48-bit main NCO ahead of the RF DAC core. Using the modulator switch, the outputs of a main datapath can be either routed to DAC0 alone for operating as a single DAC, or routed to both DAC0 and DAC1 for operating as a dual, intermediate frequency DAC (IF DAC).
The AD9175 also supports ultrawide data rate modes that allow bypassing the channelizers and main datapaths to provide maximum data rates of up to 3.4 GSPS as a dual, 11-bit DAC.
The AD9175 is available in a 144-ball BGA_ED package.
- Wireless communications infrastructure
- Multiband base station radios
- Microwave/E-band backhaul systems
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Radars and jammers
- A low power, multichannel, dual DAC design reduces power consumption in higher bandwidth and multichannel applications, while maintaining performance.
- Supports single-band and multiband wireless applications with three bypassable complex data channels per RF DAC, or configurations that use the two main datapaths as two wideband complex data channels when using the built in modulator switch.
- A maximum complex data rate (per I or Q) of up to 3.08 GSPS with 11-bit resolution, and up to 1.23 GSPS with 16-bit resolution. The AD9175 can be alternatively configured as a dual DAC, with each DAC operating across an independent JESD204B link, at the previously described data rates.
- Ultrawide bandwidth single DAC modes supporting up to 3.4 GSPS with 11-bit resolution, 12-bit SERDES packing.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9171, AD9172, and AD9173 evaluation boards are FMC form-factor boards with FMC connectors that comply to the Vita 57.1 standard. The FMC boards use a Mini-Circuits balun on the DAC output.
To operate the evaluation board, the user must attach the board to a compatible FMC carrier board, such as those provided by FPGA vendors. Analog Devices produces an FPGA carrier called the ADS7-V2, which serves as a digital pattern generator or data source as well as the power supply for the boards. The AD917x board has an option to be powered from a lab power supply when used in a special NCO-only mode. This operation is described in more detail in the User's Guide, linked on the wiki site. The user must be able to observe the DAC output on a spectrum analyzer. A low noise clock source is provided on the evaluations boards, the HMC7044 clock synthesizer, and an option exists for the user to supply a low jitter external sine or square wave clock as a clock source instead. The evaluation board comes with software, called ACE, which allows the user to program the SPI port. Via the SPI port, the DUT (and clock circuitry) can be programmed into any of its various operating modes. It also comes with the DAC Software Suite which includes the DPGDownloader for vector generation, download, and transmission to the evaluation board when using the ADS7-V2.
Documentation & Resources
Optimizing Power Systems for the Signal Chain—Part 2: High Speed Data Converters4/9/2021 Analog Dialogue
Optimizing Power Systems for the Signal Chain—Part 1: How Much Power Supply Noise Is Tolerable?3/5/2021 Analog Dialogue
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
AD9175 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD9175BBPZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||144 ball (10x10x1.71 w/6.6 mm EP)|
|AD9175BBPZRL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||144 ball (10x10x1.71 w/6.6 mm EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.