- 1.0V/1.SV supply operation
- 100MHz usable Analog Input Bandwidth
- Sample-rate up to 2GSPS
- Noise Density =-147 dBFS/Hz
- SNR=66dBFS in 100MHz bandwidth, 2.0 GSPS encode
- SFDR = 70dBc in 100MHz bandwidth, 2.0 GSPS encode
- 90mW total power per channel at 2.0GSPS (default settings)
- Flexible input range: 0.SVpp to 1.SVpp differential
- >80dB channel isolation/crosstalk
- Digital Processor
- CIC Decimation Filter
- Programmable DDCs (3 per ADC channel)
- Data gating
- JESD204B subclass 1 encoded outputs
- Supports up to 16Gbps/lane
- Flexible sample data processing
- Flexible JESD204B Lane Configurations
- Large signal dither
- Serial Port control
AD9083 is a 16-channel, 100MHz bandwidth, continuous-time sigma-delta (CTSD) analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It has an on-chip, programmable single-pole anti-aliasing filter and termination resistor, designed for low power, small size and ease of use.
The sixteen ADC cores features a first-order, continuous-time sigma-delta modulator architecture with integrated, background nonlinearity correction logic and self-cancelling dither. Each ADC features wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations.
The analog input and clock signals are differential inputs. Each ADC data output is internally connected to a digital signal processing block that contains a CIC decimator, a numerically controlled digital oscillator (NCO) with up to 3 quadrature channels of digital down converter (DDC) per ADC, followed by programmable FIR low-pass filter (LPF) and programmable data gating for pulse burst applications.
Users can configure the subclassl JESD204B based high-speed serialized output in a variety oflane configurations (up to 4), depending on the DDC configuration and the acceptable lane rate of the receiving logic device. Multi device synchronization is supported through the SYSREF±, TRIGGER± and SYNCINB± input pins.
AD9083 has flexible power-down options which allow significant power savings when desired. All of these features can be programmed using a l.SV capable 3-wire SPI interface. AD9083 will be available in a Pb-free, 100-ball BGA, and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.
This product is protected by a US patent.
- Millimeter wave imaging
- Electronic Beam-Forming & Phased Arrays
- Multi-Channel Wideband Receivers
- Electronic Support Measures
- Continuous-time, Σ-Δ ADCs support signal bandwidths of up to 100 MHz with low power and minimal filtering.
- Integrated digital processing blocks reduce data payload and lower overall system cost.
- Configurable JESD204B interface reduces PCB complexity.
- Flexible power-down options.
- SPI interface controls various product features and functions to meet specific system requirements.
- Small 9 mm x 9 mm, 100-ball BGA package, simple interface, and integrated digital processing save PCB space.