Dual, 16-Bit, 2.8 GSPS, TxDAC+® Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9136 is a dual, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DACs) that provides a maximum sample rate of 2800 MSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation over a very wide bandwidth. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with the ADRF6720, as well as other analog quadrature modulators (AQMs) from Analog Devices, Inc. An optional 3-wire or 4-wire serial port interface (SPI) provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. The fullscale output current can be programmed over a typical range of 13.9 mA to 27.0 mA. The AD9136 is available in an 88-lead LFCSP.
- Greater than 2 GHz, ultrawide complex signal bandwidth enables emerging wideband and multiband wireless applications.
- Advanced low spurious and distortion design techniques provide high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- JESD204B Subclass 1 support simplifies multichip synchronization in software and hardware design.
- Fewer pins for data interface width with a serializer/ deserializer (SERDES) JESD204B eight-lane interface.
- Programmable transmit enable function allows easy design balance between power consumption and wake-up time.
- Small package size with 12 mm × 12 mm footprint.
- Wireless communications
- 3G/4G W-CDMA base stations
- Wideband repeaters
- Software defined radios
- Wideband communications
- Point to point
- Local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) and multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS)
- Transmit diversity, multiple input/multiple output (MIMO)
- Automated test equipment
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
MS-2739: High Dynamic IF Receiver Simplifies Design of Next Generation µW...
MS-2773: Advancement in High Speed Converter Technology Enables...
FPGA Interoperability Reports
Validating ADI Converters Inter-operability with Xilinx FPGA and JESD204B IP
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.