Dual, 12-Bit, 80 MSPS/125 MSPS Serial LVDS 1.8 V Analog-to-Digital Converter
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported; the AD9635 typically consumes less than 2 mW in the full power-down state. The ADC provides several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable output clock and data alignment and digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9635 is available in a RoHS-compliant, 32-lead LFCSP. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. This product is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Small Footprint. Two ADCs are contained in a small, spacesaving package.
- Low Power. The AD9635 uses 115 mW/channel at 125 MSPS with scalable power options.
- Pin Compatibility with the AD9645, a 14-Bit Dual ADC.
- Ease of Use. A data clock output (DCO) operates at frequencies of up to 500 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Broadband data applications
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging and ultrasound
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The AD9635 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For high performance clock generation with reference noise clean-up , we recommend the AD9528 .
- For low jitter clock buffering and division , we recommend the AD9508 .
- For low noise clock generation from a clean reference clock , we recommend the AD9516-4, AD9517-4, AD9518-4, AD9520-4 or the AD9522-4 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.