- Allows Safe Board Insertion into Live Backplane
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 6.5V to 80V
- Drives Two Gates for High Power Applications
- Configurable Parallel, Staged Start or Single MOSFET Modes
- Adjustable Precision Current Limit: 6mV to 20mV
- Current Foldback Limits MOSFET Power
- SOA Timer Optimizes MOSFET Capability
- Monitors VGS and VDS for MOSFET Health
- 12V Gate Drive for Lower MOSFET RDS(ON)
- Parallelable Controllers for Very High Current Levels
- Available in 24-Lead Narrow SSOP and 24-Pin 4mm × 5mm QFN Packages
The LTC4238 is a high voltage high current Hot Swap controller that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. Dual 12V gate drive is well suited for high power applications to either share safe operating area across parallel MOSFETs or support a 2-stage start-up that first charges the load capacitance followed by enabling a low on-resistance path to the load.
The device features active current limiting (ACL) with two foldback options as VDS increases. The constant power profile limits the power dissipation to be no higher than a fixed value, while the high power profile allows the part to ride through large input steps during operation.
The LTC4238 notifies when output power is good. In addition, it has protection features that respond to input undervoltage, overvoltage; and generate a fault when there is an overcurrent or FET bad condition.
- Live Board Insertion in 12V, 24V and 48V Systems
- Industrial High Side Switch/Circuit Breaker
- Computers, Servers
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
DC2914A showcases the LTC4238, high power, Hot Swap controller. LTC4238 is suited for 12V, 24V and 48V systems and comes loaded with advanced features including SOA timer, COMM pin for scalability, and various operating modes. The board has three variants to showcase the three different staged start topologies of LTC4238. The DC2914A-A showcases the parallel mode of operation for a 48V, 1.5kW application. The DC2914A-B demonstrates the low stress staged start mode for a 48V, 2.5 kW regulated input application. The DC2914A-C showcases the high stress staged start mode with SOA timer for 48V, 2.5kW application with large input steps. Onboard LEDs indicate the presence of input, output as well as power good signaling and any fault if present. High voltage layout rules are followed for best long-term product reliability.
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
価格は1個当たりの米ドルで、米国内における販売価格（FOB）で表示されておりますので、予算のためにのみご使用いただけます。 また、その価格は変更 されることがあります。米国以外のお客様への価格は、輸送費、各国の税金、手数料、為替レートにより決定されます。価格・納期等の詳細情報については、弊社正規販売代理店または担当営業にお問い合わせください。なお、 評価用ボードおよび評価用キットの表示価格は1個構成としての価格です。