TMP05/TMP06: ±0.5°C Accurate PWM Temperature Sensor in 5-Lead SC-70 Data Sheet (Rev. C)12/11/2002566 kB
Features and Benefits
- Modulated Serial Digital Output - Proportional to Temperature
- ±0.5°C typical accuracy at 25°C
- ±1.0°C accuracy from 0°C to 70°C
- Power consumption 70 μW maximum at 3.3 V
- Operation from −40°C to +150°C
- Operation from 3 V to 5.5 V
- See datasheet for additional features
The TMP05 / TMP06 are monolithic temperature sensors that generate a modulated serial digital output (PWM), which varies in direct proportion to the temperature of the devices. The high period (TH ) of the PWM remains static over all temperatures, while the low period (TL) varies. The B Grade version offers a high temperature accuracy of ±1°C from 0°C to 70°C with excellent transducer linearity. The digital output of the TMP05 / TMP06 is CMOS-/TTL-compatible and is easily interfaced to the serial inputs of most popular microprocessors. The flexible open-drain output of the TMP06 is capable of sinking 5 mA.
The TMP05 / TMP06 are specified for operation at supply voltages from 3 V to 5.5 V. Operating at 3.3 V, the supply current is typically 370 μA. The TMP05 / TMP06 are rated for operation over the –40°C to +150°C temperature range. It is not recommended to operate these devices at temperatures above 125°C for more than a total of 5% (5,000 hours) of the lifetime of the devices. They are packaged in low cost, low area SC-70 and SOT-23 packages.
The TMP05 / TMP06 have three modes of operation: continuously converting mode, daisy-chain mode, and one shot mode. A three-state FUNC input determines the mode in which the TMP05 / TMP06 operate.
The CONV/IN input pin is used to determine the rate at which the TMP05 / TMP06 measures temperature in continuously converting mode and one shot mode. In daisy-chain mode the, CONV/IN pin operates as the input to the daisy chain.
- The TMP05 / TMP06 have an on-chip temperature sensor that allows an accurate measurement of the ambient temperature. The measurable temperature range is –40°C to +150°C.
- Supply voltage is 3 V to 5.5 V.
- Space-saving 5-lead SOT-23 and SC-70 packages.
- Temperature accuracy is typically ±0.5°C. Each part needs a decoupling capacitor to achieve this accuracy.
- Temperature resolution of 0.025°C.
- The TMP05/TMP06 feature a one shot mode that reduces the average power consumption to 102 μW at 1 SPS.
- Isolated sensors
- Environmental control systems
- Computer thermal monitoring
- Thermal protection
- Industrial process control
- Power-system monitors
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.