Features and Benefits
- Modulated serial digital output, proportional to temperature
- ±0.5°C typical accuracy at 25°C
- ±1.0°C accuracy from 0°C to 70°C
- Two grades available
- Operation from −40°C to +150°C
- Operation from 3 V to 5.5 V
- Power consumption 70 μW maximum at 3.3 V
- CMOS-/TTL-compatible output on TMP05
- Flexible open-drain output on TMP06
- Small, low cost, 5-lead SC-70 and SOT-23 packages
The TMP05 / TMP06 are monolithic temperature sensors that generate a modulated serial digital output (PWM), which varies in direct proportion to the temperature of the devices. The high period (TH) of the PWM remains static over all temperatures, while the low period (TL) varies. The B Grade version offers a high temperature accuracy of ±1°C from 0°C to 70°C with excellent transducer linearity. The digital output of the TMP05 / TMP06 is CMOS-/TTL-compatible and is easily interfaced to the serial inputs of most popular microprocessors. The flexible open-drain output of the TMP06 is capable of sinking 5 mA.
The TMP05 / TMP06 are specified for operation at supply voltages from 3 V to 5.5 V. Operating at 3.3 V, the supply current is typically 370 μA. The TMP05 / TMP06 are rated for operation over the –40°C to +150°C temperature range. It is not recommended to operate these devices at temperatures above 125°C for more than a total of 5% (5,000 hours) of the lifetime of the devices. They are packaged in low cost, low area SC-70 and SOT-23 packages.
The TMP05 / TMP06 have three modes of operation: continuously converting mode, daisy-chain mode, and one shot mode. A three-state FUNC input determines the mode in which the TMP05 / TMP06 operate.
The CONV/IN input pin is used to determine the rate at which the TMP05 / TMP06 measures temperature in continuously converting mode and one shot mode. In daisy-chain mode the, CONV/IN pin operates as the input to the daisy chain.
- The TMP05/TMP06 have an on-chip temperature sensor that allows an accurate measurement of the ambient temperature. The measurable temperature range is –40°C to +150°C.
- Supply voltage is 3 V to 5.5 V.
- Space-saving 5-lead SOT-23 and SC-70 packages.
- Temperature accuracy is typically ±0.5°C. Each part needs a decoupling capacitor to achieve this accuracy.
- Temperature resolution of 0.025°C.
- The TMP05/TMP06 feature a one shot mode that reduces the average power consumption to 102 μW at 1 SPS.
- Isolated sensors
- Environmental control systems
- Computer thermal monitoring
- Thermal protection
- Industrial process control
- Power-system monitors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The TMP05/06 evaluation board can be used to evaluate all features of the TMP05/06 temperature sensors with minimal effort. It comes complete with connectors and software. The drivers will work on 32-bit Windows 7 machines.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.