Features and Benefits
- MIL-PRF-38535 Class V Compatible Dice*
- Operates with Input as Low as 4V
- Output Voltages Down to 1.21V
- Constant 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronizable to 1MHz
- Internal Slope Compensation
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- Integrated 4.5A Switch
- Current Mode Control
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) Tolerance, per TM1019.8, MIL-STD-883:
- 100kRad (Si), per condition A at 50Rads(Si)/sec
- 50kRad (Si), per condition D at 10mRads(Si)/sec
- ELDRS Pass 50kRad(Si)
- Displacement Damage Defect (DDD) up to 1E12 Neutrons/cm2
- Single Event Performance up to an LET of at least 80 MeVcm2/mg
The RH1959 is a 500kHz monolithic buck mode switching regulator with a 4.5A integrated switch that will operate down to 1.21V. High switching frequency allows a considerable reduction in the size of external components. The topology is current mode for fast transient response and good loop stability.
A special high speed bipolar process and new design techniques achieve high efficiency at high switching frequency. Efficiency is maintained over a wide output current range by keeping quiescent supply current near 3.3mA and by utilizing a supply boost capacitor to saturate the power switch.
Full cycle-by-cycle short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown are provided. Standard surface mount external parts are used, including the inductor and capacitors. Optional shutdown and synchronization functions are available. Implementing shutdown reduces supply current to 30μA. Synchronization allows an external logic level signal to increase the internal oscillator from 580kHz to 1MHz.
Third Party Vendor Availability
Analog Devices partners with third party vendors who assemble and test packaged products with RH Dice inside.
|MSK5044RH||Switching Reg. Module,500kHz Fixed Frequency|
|MSK5048RH||Switching Reg. Module,500kHz With Ext Sync Opt|
|MSK5052RH||Switching Reg. Module,500kHz With Ext Sync Opt|
|MSK5059RH||Switching Reg. Monolithic (RH1959 IC Only)|
- POL Regulator Applications
- Satellite System Power Supply
- Microprocessor, FPGA Power Source
- High Efficiency Low Voltage Subsystem Power Supply
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.