Features and Benefits
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 500MHz
- –3dB Bandwidth (A = 1): 350MHz
- Low Input Bias Current:
- ±3fA Typ. Room Temperature
- 4pA Max at 125°C
- Current Noise (100kHz): 5.5fA/√Hz
- Voltage Noise (1MHz): 4.3nV/√Hz
- Extremely Low CIN 450fF
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- Slew Rate: 400V/μs
- Supply Range: 3.1V to 5.25V
- Quiescent Current: 16.5mA
- Harmonic Distortion (2VP-P):
- –100dB at 1MHz
- –80dB at 10MHz
- Operating Temp Range: –40°C to 125°C
- Single in 8-Lead SO-8, 6-Lead TSOT-23 Packages
- Dual in 8-Lead MS8, 3mm × 3mm 10-Lead DFN 10 Packages
The LTC6268/LTC6269 is a single/dual 500MHz FET-input operational amplifier with extremely low input bias current and low input capacitance. It also features low input-referred current noise and voltage noise making it an ideal choice for high speed transimpedance amplifiers, CCD output buffers, and high-impedance sensor amplifiers. Its low distortion makes the LTC6268/LTC6269 an ideal amplifier for driving SAR ADCs.
It operates on 3.1V to 5.25V supply and consumes 16.5mA per amplifier. A shutdown feature can be used to lower power consumption when the amplifier is not in use.
The LTC6268 single op amp is available in 8-lead SOIC and 6-lead SOT-23 packages. The SOIC package includes two unconnected pins which can be used to create an input pin guard ring to protect against board leakage currents. The LTC6269 dual op amp is available in 8-lead MSOP with exposed pad and 3mm × 3mm 10-lead DFN packages. They are fully specified over the –40°C to 85°C and the –40°C to 125°C temperature ranges.
- Trans-Impedance Amplifiers
- ADC Drivers
- CCD Output Buffer
- Photomultiplier Tube Post-Amplifier
- Low IBIAS Circuits
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADMX1002 is an ultra-low distortion sinewave and high-resolution arbitrary waveform generator. This high-performance module demonstrates a proprietary digital pre-distortion algorithm that reduces signal distortion below levels that can be achieved with high-performance digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and amplifiers alone. Its differential output can be set to common-mode levels often required to test high-performance analog-to-digital converters (ADC), audio codecs, and other audio ICs and systems. With an easy-to-use SPI interface and small-form factor, the ADMX1002 can be easily embedded into test systems, or simply used on the bench for measurement and characterization.
- High-end audio test
- Analog-to-digital converter characterization and test
- Sensor and transducer test
- Frequency response and network analysis
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-low distortion, high-resolution source
- DC to 40kHz
- Proprietary digital pre-distortion (DPD) algorithm
- –130dBc THD @ 1kHz (typ.)
- Arbitrary waveform generation (AWG) with on-board pattern memory
- Differential (balanced) output up to 3.6VRMS
- Fast pattern switching between multiple stored waveforms
- Small form-factor (60mm x 40mm)
- Low power, 1W typ. (quiescent)
- SPI interface for integration into test and measurement systems
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Use the Analog Filter Wizard to design low-pass, high-pass, or band-pass filters with actual op amps in minutes. As you progress through the design process, you can observe the characteristics of your filter design from ideal specifications to real world circuit behavior. Quickly evaluate the tradeoffs in op amp specifications - including gain-bandwidth, noise, and supply current – to determine the best filter design for your requirements.
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.