Single Port PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller
Features and Benefits
- IEEE 802.3af Compliant
- Operation from a Single 48V Supply
- Fully Autonomous Operation without Microcontroller
- Internal MOSFET with Thermal Protection
- Power Management Works Across Multiple Ports with Simple RC Network
- Precision Inrush Control with Internal Sense Resistor
- Powered Device (PD) Detection and Classification
- AC and DC Disconnect Sensing
- Robust Short-Circuit Protection
- Pin-Selectable Detection Back-off for Midspan PSEs
- Classification Dependent ICUT Current Threshold
- LED Driver Indicates Port On and Blinks Status Codes
- Available in 14-Pin SO and 4mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC4263 is an autonomous single-channel PSE controller for use in IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet systems. It includes an on-board power MOSFET, internal inrush, current limit, and short-circuit control, IEEE 802.3af compliant PD detection and classification circuitry, and selectable AC or DC disconnect sensing. On-board control algorithms provide complete IEEE 802.3af compliant operation without the need of a microcontroller. The LTC4263 simplifies PSE implementation, needing only a single 48V supply and a small number of passive support components.
Programmable on-board power management circuitry permits multiple LTC4263s to allocate and share power in multi-port systems, allowing maximum utilization of the 48V power supply—all without the intervention of a host processor. The port current limit can be configured to automatically adjust to the detected PD class. Detection back-off timing is configurable for either Endpoint or Midspan operation. Built-in foldback and thermal protection provide comprehensive fault protection.
An LED pin indicates the state of the port controlled by the LTC4263. When run from a single 48V supply, the LED pin can operate as a simple switching current source to reduce power dissipation in the LED drive circuitry.
The LTC4263 is available in 14-pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 14-pin SO packages.
- IEEE 802.3af Compliant Endpoint/Midspan PSEs
- Single-Port or Multi-Port Power Injectors
- Power Forwarders
- Low-Port Count PSEs
- Environment B PSEs
- Standalone PSEs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.