Features and Benefits
- Programmable Charge Current Range: 10mA to 150mA
- No External MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Complete Linear Charger in ThinSOT™ Package for Single Cell/Coin Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Regulation* to Maximize Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with ±1% Accuracy
- Charge Current Monitor Output for Gas Gauging*
- Automatic Recharge
- Charge Status Output Pin
- C/10 Charge Termination
- 25µA Max Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- 2.9V Trickle Charge Threshold
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Available in a 5-Lead Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 Package
The LTC4054L is a complete, constant-current/constant-voltage linear charger for single cell lithium-ion batteries. Its small size and ability to regulate low charge currents make the LTC4054L especially well-suited for portable applications using low capacity rechargeable lithium-ion coin cells. Furthermore, the LTC4054L is specifically designed to work within USB power specifications.
No external sense resistor is needed, and no blocking diode is required due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Thermal feedback regulates the charge current to eliminate thermal overdesign. The charge voltage is fixed at 4.2V, and the charge current can be programmed externally with a single resistor. The LTC4054L automatically terminates a charge cycle when the charge current drops to 1/10th the programmed value after the final float voltage is reached.
When the input supply (wall adapter or USB supply) is removed, the LTC4054L automatically enters a low current state, dropping the battery drain current to less than 2µA. The LTC4054L can be put into shutdown mode, reducing the supply current to 25µA.
Other features include charge current monitor, undervoltage lockout, automatic recharge and a status pin to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
*U.S. Patent No. 6,522,118
|Max Charge Current||Trickle Charge|
- Charger for Li-Ion Coin Cell Batteries
- Portable MP3 Players, Wireless Headsets
- Bluetooth Applications
- Multifunction Wristwatches
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.