Features and Benefits
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 10V
- Ultralow Operating IQ: 30µA (One Channel On)
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 140kHz to 650kHz
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 4µA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or VOUT
- Small 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3826 is a high performance dual step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 650kHz. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitor are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out of phase.
The 30μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3826 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 36V input supply range encompasses all battery chemistries.
Independent TRACK/SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltage during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads. For a leaded package version (28-lead SSOP), see the LTC3826-1 data sheet.
||PolyPhase||Defeatable Current Foldback||Package|
- Automotive Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.