Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency Switching PowerPath™ Controller with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control and Instant-On Operation
- Programmable USB or Wall Current Limit (100mA/500mA/1A)
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger with Float Voltage of 4.2V (LTC3586-2) or 4.1V (LTC3586-3) with 1.5A Maximum Charge Current
- Internal 180mΩ Ideal Diode Plus External Ideal Diode Controller Powers Load in Battery Mode
- <30μA No-Load Quiescent Current when Powered from BAT
- Dual High Efficiency Buck DC/DCs (400mA IOUT)
- High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC (1A IOUT)
- High Efficiency Boost DC/DC (800mA IOUT)
- DC/DC FAULT Output
- Compact (4mm × 6mm) 38-Pin QFN Package
The LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 are highly integrated power management and battery charger ICs for Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. They include a high efficiency current limited switching PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, battery charger, ideal diode, and four synchronous switching regulators (two bucks, one buckboost and one boost). Designed specifically for USB applications, the LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3’s switching power manager automatically limits input current to a maximum of either 100mA or 500mA for USB applications or 1A for adapter-powered applications.
Unlike linear chargers, the LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 switching architecture transmits nearly all of the power available from the USB port to the load with minimal loss and heat which eases thermal constraints in small places. The two buck regulators can provide up to 400mA each, the buck-boost can deliver 1A, and the boost delivers at least 800mA.
The LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 are available in a low profile (0.75mm) 38-pin 4mm × 6mm QFN package.
|Options||Float Voltage (V)||Fault Pin Functionality||Boost Overvoltage Threshold (V)||Boost Overvoltage Hysteresis|
|LTC3586||4.2V||Bi-Directional with Latch||5.3V||300mV|
|LTC3586-1||4.1V||Bi-Directional with Latch||5.3V||300mV|
|LTC3586-2||4.2V||Output Only, No Latch||5.5V||100mV|
|LTC3586-3||4.1V||Output Only, No Latch||5.5V||100mV|
- Portable Medical/Industrial Devices
- Other USB-Based Handheld Products
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.