New Content (1)
Application NotesAN-1440: Single Positive Supply Operation for the HMC1118
Features and Benefits
- Nonreflective 50 Ω design
- Positive control: 0 V/3.3 V
- Low insertion loss: 0.68 dB at 8.0 GHz
- High isolation: 48 dB at 8.0 GHz
- High power handling:
- 35 dBm through path
- 27 dBm terminated path
- High linearity:
- 1 dB compression (P1dB): 37 dBm typical
- Input third-order intercept (IIP3): 62 dBm typical
- ESD rating: 2kV human body model (HBM)
- 3 x 3 mm, 16-Lead LFCSP Package
- No low frequency spurious
- Settling time (0.05 dB margin of final RFOUT): 7.5 μs
The HMC1118 is a general-purpose, broadband, nonreflective single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch in a LFCSP surface mount package. Covering the 9 kHz to 13.0 GHz range, the switch offers high isolation and low insertion loss. The switch features >48 dB isolation, 0.68 dB insertion loss up to 8.0 GHz, and a 7.5 μs settling time of 0.05 dB margin of final RFOUT. The switch operates using positive control voltage logic lines of +3.3 V and 0 V and requires +3.3 V and −2.5 V supplies. The HMC1118 can cover the same operating frequency range with a single positive supply voltage applied and the negative supply voltage (VSS) tied to ground and still maintaining good power handling performance. The HMC1118 is packaged in a 3 mm × 3 mm, surface mount LFCSP package.
- Test instrumentation
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Military radios, radars, and electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Fiber optics and broadband telecommunications
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.