Features and Benefits
- Blackfin+ core with up to 200 MHz performance
- Dual 16-bit or single 32-bit MAC support per cycle
- 16-bit complex MAC and many other instruction set enhancements
- Instruction set compatible with previous Blackfin product
- On-Chip Memory
- 136KB L1 SRAM with multi-parity-bit protection (64KB instruction, 64KB data, 8KB scratchpad)
- 128KByte on-chip L2 SRAM with ECC protection
- 512KByte On-chip L2 ROM
- Key Peripherals include
- USB2.0 HS OTG
- 2x CAN2.0B
- ePPI Video I/O
- 2x SPORTs (w/I2S)
- 2xQuad-SPI / 1xDual-SPI (w/ Host mode option)
- SD/SDIO/MMC (4-bit)
- Security and one-time-programmable memory
- Crypto hardware accelerators for fast secure boot/IP protection
- memDMA encryption/decryption for fast run-time security
- Low-cost packaging
- 88-Lead LFCSP (QFN) package (12 mm × 12mm), RoHS compliant
- Low system power with < 53 mW at 200 MHz at 25°C TJUNCTION
This device is a member of the ADSP-BF70x Blackfin Digital Signal Processor (DSP) product family. The new Blackfin+ processor core combines dual-MAC 16-bit, 32-bit MAC and 16-bit complex MAC in to a state-of-the-art signal processing engine. It also combines advantages of a clean, orthogonal RISC-like microprocessor instruction set, and single-instruction, multiple-data (SIMD) multimedia capabilities within a single instruction-set architecture. Further new enhancements to the Blackfin+ core add cache enhancements, branch prediction and other instruction set improvements—all while maintaining instruction set compatibility to previous Blackfin products.
The processor offers performance up to 200 MHz, as well as lowest power consumption at <53mW. Produced with a low-power and low-voltage design methodology, they provide world-class power management and performance.
By integrating a rich set of industry-leading system peripherals and large on-chip memory, this Blackfin processor is the platform of choice for next-generation applications that require RISC-like programmability, multimedia support, and leading-edge signal processing in one integrated package. These applications span a wide array of markets, from automotive systems to embedded industrial, instrumentation, video/image analysis, biometric and control applications.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
Analog Devices has developed a low cost, low power DSP evaluation platform targeting an array of real-time applications. The ADSP-BF706 EZ-KIT Mini® leverages the latest entry within the industry-leading, low power Blackfin® processor family as well as ADI’s optimized development tools and third party software deliverables. With on-board, high quality audio connectivity, multiple expansion options, and an integrated debug agent, the EZ-KIT Mini offers designers a complete small form factor, low cost starter platform for multiple applications.
The ADSP-BF706 Blackfin processor is a high performance DSP that delivers a class-leading 800 MMACS of processing power at less than 100 mW. With glueless connectivity options including USB and over 1 MB of internal SRAM, this reduces BOM cost and eliminates the need for external memory in many applications. Using the enhanced Blackfin+ core, the combination of performance, power efficiency, memory integration, sophisticated security, and great value, allows designers to incorporate advanced 16- and 32-bit processing into a wide range of new power sensitive use cases.
Target ADSP-BF70x applications include:
- Portable audio, DJ equipment, and effects
- Automotive audio and sensors
- Portable communications
- Military and aerospace
- Portable healthcare
- Intelligent lighting and occupancy detection*
- Industrial imaging and biometrics*
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF706 EZ-KIT Mini features:
- ADSP-BF706 Blackfin Processor
- 400 MHz/800 MMACs performance at <100 mW
- 1160 kB on-chip SRAM (136 kB L1, 1 MB L2)
- 88-lead LFCSP (QFN) package
- Small form factor: 4 in × 2 in (10 cm × 5 cm)
- 4 MB quad SPI flash
- ADAU1761 SigmaDSP® low power stereo audio codec
- Line-in and headphone jacks
- Direct USB 2.0 HS PHY interface to ADSP-BF706
- External connections for EPPI0, SPORT, SPI, I2C, timer, and GPIOs
- On-board debug agent (JTAG/SWD) via separate USB interface
- Other features
- USB bus powered
- Push buttons and LEDs
- Boot mode strapped to SPI master
- Resistors for processor current measurement
- Arduino Uno R3 connection compatibility
- ADSP-BF706 Blackfin Processor
- CrossCore® embedded studio software tools
- Full featured development suite and board support package
- Complete real-time debug capability included
- Full featured one year evaluation license
Application Notes (12)
Software & Systems Requirements
Operating Systems and Middleware
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.