Features and Benefits
- Lockbox™ Secure Technology: Hardware-enabled security for code and content protection.
- Blackfin Processor Core with up to 600 MHz (1200 MMACS) performance
- 2 dual-channel, full-duplex synchronous serial ports supporting 8 stereo I2S channels
- 12 peripheral DMA channels supporting one- and two-dimensional data transfers
- NAND Flash Controller with 8-Bit interface for commands, addresses and data.
- Ethernet 10/100 MII interface
- Memory controller providing glue-less connection to multiple banks of external SDRAM, SRAM, Flash, or ROM
- 289-ball, 12x12 mm, 0.5 mm pitch mini-BGA (Commercial temperature range 0°C to +70°C)
- 208-ball, 17x17 mm, 0.8 mm pitch mini-BGA (Commercial temperature range 0°C to +70°C; Industrial temperature range -40°C to +85°C*) * 533 MHz max operating speed
The high performance 16/32-bit Blackfin embedded processor core, the flexible cache architecture, the enhanced DMA subsystem, and the dynamic power management (DPM) functionality allow system designers a flexible platform to address a wide range of portable applications, including consumer, communications and industrial/instrumentation.
With the combination of peripherals which enable glue-less connectivity to networked devices such as Ethernet or WiFi 802.11 a/b/g modules and power efficient signal processing, the ADSP-BF527 is well suited to IP connected applications such as VoIP Phone or IP Camera.
The VoIP challenge to the embedded-system designer is to choose a processing solution that is cost-effective, easy to deploy and scaleable in performance across market spaces. A “sweet spot” embedded-solution approach is to design with a platform that can implement a low channel count basic VoIP solution, yet retain sufficient capacity for value added capabilities and services – such as video, music, imaging and system control. Unlike traditional VoIP embedded solutions that utilize two processor cores to provide VoIP functionality, the ADSP-BF527 provides a convergent solution in a unified core architecture that allows voice and video signal processing concurrent with RISC MCU processing to handle network and user-interface demands. This unique ability to offer full VoIP functionality on a single convergent processor provides for a unified software development environment, faster system debugging and deployment, and lower overall system cost.
IP protection has become a necessary part of today’s embedded computing applications. The ADSP-BF527 provides a security scheme which balances flexibility and upgradeability with performance through the inclusion of a firmware-based solution including OTP (One Time Programmable) memory to enable users to implement private keys for secure access to program code.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (4)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
EVAL-MEDIA PLAYER STARTER KIT
The Blackfin media player starter kit provides you everything you need to get started on a media player application using a Blackfin EZ-KIT Lite and included software to perform audio and graphic related tasks. Learn how to render audio contents and images to the onboard peripherals from the onboard storage devices such as the hard drive and memory sticks. The SDK contains source code, "how to" documents and various decoders that makes getting started easy and shortens the learning curve.
Features & Benefits
- SDK CD with example image and video processing code, multimedia algorithms (e.g. JPEG, AAC and others), graphics libraries and more.
- ADSP-BF527 EZ-KIT Lite® or ADSP-BF548 EZ-KIT Lite® evaluation board with evaluation version VisualDSP++®
The ADSP-BF527 EZ-KIT Lite® provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-BF527 Blackfin® Processors via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn more about the Analog Devices (ADI) ADSP-BF527 hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
The EZ-KIT Lite includes an ADSP-BF527 Blackfin Processor desktop evaluation board along with an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++® development and debugging environment, including the C/C++ compiler, assembler, and linker. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ is designed to be used with the EZ-KIT Lite only.
The EZ-KIT Lite ships with with a landscape, Low Power QVGA Touch Screen LCD panel, a set of Stereo Headphones and all of the necessary supplemental cables (USB, Ethernet, etc.).
CROSSCORE® Tools Support
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF527 Processor: 289 Ball mBGA, 600MHz; LFBGA-SS2, 12mmX12mm/0.5 pitch, 4L, (A02)
- SDRAM: 64 MB, 32M x 16; Micron MT48LC32M16A2 3.3V
- FLASH: 4 MB (2M x 16 ); Numonyx M29W320EB70ZE6E 3.3V
- NAND FLASH: 4 Gb Numonyx NAND04; NAND04GW3B2B 3.3V
- SPI FLASH: 16 Mb Numonyx M25P16-VMW6G 3.3V
- Thumbwheel: CTS Corp, Rotary Encoder, 2 Bit Binary, CT2999-ND
- Keypad: ACT-07-30008-000-R
- UART: ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver; DB9 female connector
- RTC Battery: 3.0 Volt Li-ION
- LCD Display: Varitronix - Landscape QVGA, 5 in, 320x240, Touch Screen
- Selectable Boot Mode
- Audio I/O: Mic in, Line In, Headphone Out, Line Out
Application Notes (47)
Processor Manuals (3)
Software Manuals (17)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
Software Development Kit
The Blackfin® SDK contains free applications software with source code and utilities information and tools that allow you to develop Blackfin processor based applications.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Circuit Notes (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.