Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 100 MHz to 40 GHz
- Attenuation range: 2 dB steps to 30 dB
- Low insertion loss
- 1.7 dB to 18 GHz
- 2.2 dB to 26 GHz
- 3.5 dB to 40 GHz
- Attenuation accuracy
- ±(0.1 + 2.0%) of attenuation state up to 18 GHz
- ±(0.2 + 2.5%) of attenuation state up to 26 GHz
- ±(0.5 + 10.0%) of attenuation state up to 40 GHz
- Typical step error
- ±0.15 dB to 18 GHz
- ±0.20 dB to 26 GHz
- ±0.60 dB to 40 GHz
- High input linearity
- P0.1dB insertion loss state: 30 dBm
- P0.1dB other attenuation states: 26 dBm
- IP3: 50 dBm typical
- High RF input power handling: 26 dBm average, 30 dBm peak
- Tight distribution in relative phase
- No low frequency spurious signals
- SPI and parallel mode control, CMOS/LVTTL compatible
- RF amplitude settling time (0.1 dB of final RF output): 230 ns
- 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm, 16-terminal LGA package
- Pin compatible with ADRF5721, low frequency cutoff version
The ADRF5731 is a silicon, 4-bit digital attenuator with a 30 dB attenuation control range in 2 dB steps.
This device operates from 100 MHz to 40 GHz with better than 3.5 dB of insertion loss. The ATTIN port of the ADRF5720 has a radio frequency (RF) input power handling capability of 26 dBm average and 30 dBm peak for all states.
The ADRF5731 requires a dual supply voltage of +3.3 V and −3.3 V. The device features serial peripheral interface (SPI), parallel mode control, and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)-/low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL) compatible controls.
The ADRF5731 is pin compatible with the ADRF5721 low frequency cutoff version, which operates from 9 kHz to 40 GHz.
The ADRF5731 RF ports are designed to match a characteristic impedance of 50 Ω.
The ADRF5731 comes in a 16-terminal, 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm, RoHS compliant, land grid array (LGA) package and operates from −40°C to +105°C.
- Industrial scanners
- Test and instrumentation
- Cellular infrastructure: 5G millimeter wave
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
Markets & Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
- Instrumentation & Measurement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5731-EVALZ is a 4-layer evaluation board. Each copper layer is 2.2 mil (1.5 oz) and separated by dielectric materials.
All RF and dc traces are routed on the top copper layer whereas the inner and bottom layers are grounded planes that provide a solid ground for the RF transmission lines. Top dielectric material is 12 mil Rogers RO4003, offering optimal high frequency performance. The middle and bottom dielectric materials provide mechanical strength. The overall board thickness is 62 mil, which allows 2.4 mm RF launchers to be connected at the board edges.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.